3DMark Competition

The Smith

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No a 1500 watt is pretty much over kill, Although I haven't really pushed anything too hard yet, most current drawn I seen so far was 920watts on the APC display.

As for getting a better score from my stuff, I am currently stuck on the vid cards clock, not beign able to get them past 700mhz core clocks is killing me. An for overall benching scores you shouldn't give up quad sli for tri sli, the quad will always do better imo. Only reason I didn't get 295's was that I had already had 2 280's and water blocks for them, so it would have been a much bigger purchase to goto the 295's and water blocks for them with the gtx300's around the corner I didn't feel comfortable with spending the money on them yet. I am thinking next march/april, I will make the plunge for SSD's and whatever the best GTX card is on the market at that point.

I did make a little head way up to 30k score, the other night and got the FM Approved drivers installed so no more confussion on my scores. :D I think I will spend some time messing with it a bit more tonight.

Not the biggest improvement But here u go. This is probably all i can do with this CO/CI. If i push it any more it's unstable and blue screens. 4.134GHZ is all i can muster to fully pass OCCT and prime 95. Score went up 169 points. Thanx!

3dmarkv.jpg

damn i just realized...i forgot to click the memory tab on the second cpu-z lol

Edited by TropicalPreist

No a 1500 watt is pretty much over kill, Although I haven't really pushed anything too hard yet, most current drawn I seen so far was 920watts on the APC display.

I think its good to be overkill myself, if you wanted to upgrade to 6 core gultown and 2-5870x2 you dont have to buy another PSU...

I did make a little head way up to 30k score, the other night and got the FM Approved drivers installed so no more confussion on my scores. :D I think I will spend some time messing with it a bit more tonight.

I assume you mean the 182.50 or 186.18 WHQL drivers. I got my highest Vantage score using the 186.18 driver but lose out when benching using the older Futuremark titles.

Good luck in your quest BF

Edited by Blaise

Small increase again, to 3.2GHz

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1428831

3_2GHz.jpeg

VID Voltage Range: 0.85V – 1.5V

You can go much higher than 3.2GHz my friend. :D

P.S. I'm not responsible of anything though :P

@Hedghawg17: Do you have a non-resized screenshot? I can't even read your CPU clock speed...

Edited by The Smith