Post And Sleep Issue With Rig...

First Question

Well here's my story: Whenever I press the power button on my Rig it goes into the post screen and it shows me the status of the mother board detecting the harddrive and the cd drive, but it never shows the cd drive. But when i press the restart button on my desktop then it it successfully boots up everything so i can press f1 to continue. This happened 2 months after I built my rig.

Second Question

Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode and come back to turn it on it always freezes after a few minutes. It still happens even if I leave for less than a minute! Ive only successfully gotten it to awake from sleep mode without freezing once.

anyone know whats wrong ? =/

If anymore information is needed please feel free to ask.

Edited by My_Inner_Fred

Second Question

Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode and come back to turn it on it always freezes after a few minutes. It still happens even if I leave for less than a minute! Ive only successfully gotten it to awake from sleep mode without freezing once.

one question, are you using Rivatuner to turn the fan up on your gfx card? if so, it has a weird problem with not restoring the fan speed after waking from sleep, my gfx card did that once and had to do a thermal shutdown... just thinking it could be a possibility.

one question, are you using Rivatuner to turn the fan up on your gfx card? if so, it has a weird problem with not restoring the fan speed after waking from sleep, my gfx card did that once and had to do a thermal shutdown... just thinking it could be a possibility.

No Im using the original overclocking program that came with the card.

You can try hibernation: http://www.vistajuice.com/2007/04/enabledi...nation_in_v.php

EDIT: You should also be able to modify the power button on the start menu to do hibernate instead of power off (Control Panel => Power Options => Change / Edit Plan settings => Change Advanced Power Settings)

Thanks nate, one question do i have to restart my computer after i do this? Cuz I dont see the hibernate option

Thanks for the help nate, but i still have one problem.

I used hibernate and turned off my computer.

when i turn it back on it takes me to the post screen then it does the same thing i said in Question one, So then i press the restart button and then it successfully resumes what i was doing.

Hi Fred i joined OCC like u said i should. I have no idea how to do anything yet cuz im newb xD. Ill learn though. Sorry im no help with ur problem. Oh and not all computers have hibernate mine doesnt, and sleep doesnt work on Vista... mine goes into sleep and comes out right away without me touching anything

Edited by Kashimaru

Holy crap that is one big signature...you might want to read the rules...

I don't know what to say, if it doesn't hibernate properly. It should basically do everything that sleep does, except save everything to harddrive and when you hit your power button on your case, it will resume from where you were...

Can you live with either leaving your computer on or powering it down and turning it on when you need it?

well anyway i live with my computer either on or off depends wat im doing if i dont need it soon i turn it off. If i might need it within an hour or so i just leave on and let it go into watever mode it goes into.

You should try that.

Edited by Kashimaru