High End Help

toast

think i have finally figured it out lol about time ! just doing a burnin stabilty test (cpu-simd, cpu-maths, ram-torture ,3d test and video memory test)what is a good temp for fully loaded cpu at 3.6 mhz on 1.275 been running 25 mins not going past 42c

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although unlikely, it's possible your PSU can't cope with the load being put on it. 3-way SLI with some Ultra's is going to be pulling close to 500w load just by itself. A qx9650 with a 790i board isn't exactly a featherweight combo in terms of power consumption plus hard drives can pull a surprising amount of power to spin up(some models upwards of 25w each!).

Sure your PSU says it puts out 1200w but that's across all lines(3.3, 5, and 12). Don't get me wrong, you've got an awesome PSU but have you tried pulling out one Ultra in order to eliminate it as the culprit? It's altogether possible that one of your Ultra's is bad, too. Good opportunity to pull one, test then keep cycling them if the crashing persists. Would also be a very good idea to do that at stock settings all around.

Just thought I'd throw that on the board since nobody has brought it up yet.

just doing that know drop down to two ultras and still freezed tock out 2 only 1 left and still freezing just swaping it now do u think it could be the cpu cant be non of the ram did mem test on them 2x 2gb 8 hour x 2 to cover them or what about the mobo

Well, I looked at NewEgg and they list your RAM as 1.75V, not 1.6V. Try upping your volts to 1.75 on the RAM and try that. Also, up the NB volts a slight bit. To raise the FSB, you almost always need more NB volts. Also, the triple video cards put a strain on the SB, causing it to need more volts. The CPU temps sound good, try raising the volts there too, you have plenty of temp headroom. Also, try putting each video card on a separate line from your PSU. They may be overloading the lines. Also, try some other RAM is possible, someone mentioned an OCZ and ASUS incompatibility. If it locks during the games, I'd say it's the graphics though. Try upping the SB volts to see. Double check to make sure you have the latest drivers as well.

Well, I looked at NewEgg and they list your RAM as 1.75V, not 1.6V. Try upping your volts to 1.75 on the RAM and try that. Also, up the NB volts a slight bit. To raise the FSB, you almost always need more NB volts. Also, the triple video cards put a strain on the SB, causing it to need more volts. The CPU temps sound good, try raising the volts there too, you have plenty of temp headroom. Also, try putting each video card on a separate line from your PSU. They may be overloading the lines. Also, try some other RAM is possible, someone mentioned an OCZ and ASUS incompatibility. If it locks during the games, I'd say it's the graphics though. Try upping the SB volts to see. Double check to make sure you have the latest drivers as well.

all the gpu are on separate lines from the psu i have tried the gpu separate aswell still freezes and separate ram aswell i just cant seen to find what wrong with it think i might have to rma the mobo and cpu to see if is any of them