New Cable Management

Got bored today after my roommates left for the weekend, so i decided to do a little cable management.

Let me know what you think.

Before:

DSC00630.jpg

And After:

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

Edited by turophiliac

Certainly an improvement but keep going! There is a lot more you can do! :thumbs-up:

any suggestions?

btw smolt, my case can never look that tidy, just for the sheer fact that it's a full tower case and yours is a mid. i'll always have the cables running to the right of the mobo cuz thats where they plug in.

anyway, i would have gone further, but i lack a dremel tool and i even left my zip ties at home lol! so once i get some and can borrow a dremel, this is as good as it's gonna get. :closedeyes:

hey smolt what gfx card is in that setup, because i don't see a power cable going to it...

oh, and if anyone knows where to get longer, and preferably different color SATA cables, that will be my next purchase...

any suggestions?

btw smolt, my case can never look that tidy, just for the sheer fact that it's a full tower case and yours is a mid. i'll always have the cables running to the right of the mobo cuz thats where they plug in.

anyway, i would have gone further, but i lack a dremel tool and i even left my zip ties at home lol! so once i get some and can borrow a dremel, this is as good as it's gonna get. :closedeyes:

hey smolt what gfx card is in that setup, because i don't see a power cable going to it...

oh, and if anyone knows where to get longer, and preferably different color SATA cables, that will be my next purchase...

Here are some pictures that may help you out. I have a full tower case too and I still managed to hide my wires pretty well.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/gallery/ca...imus-prime.html

yep, you're on the right track by moving spare cables to behind the motherboard tray. you can still hide those sata cables, run the one to your harddrive underneath the motherboard itself. bubbaxm has the right idea - it almost looks like he trimmed holes in the tray itself to run cables through which is a brilliant idea. you should strive to make your computer look like his :)

can't really see all the internals, but here's an older pic of mine. all my wires/molexes/misc power connectors are stuffed behind the motherboard tray and the right-side cover. it's a tight fit!

DSC03360-1.jpg

you can see the sata cable coming out of the harddrive (rack is on the bottom facing outwards), running back underneath the harddrive itself and traced back up around the 5-1/4" bays back into the motherboard. lots of tricks of the trade. the CCFL inverter is inside the hd rack. the wires to the individual CCFLs are run up and down along the very front side of the case behind the rim and out of sight even with the side panel off.

Edited by airman