So I'm Done

tkrow21

So here I am, all proud of assembling my first computer.

DSCN1382.jpg

I got along fine with one screwdriver, lol.

DSCN1380.jpg

Here it is!

And I'd really like to thank OCC for helping me out a TON.

IE. Helping me recognize my stupid mistakes.

Teaching me to build outside the case first.

Edited by Krow

DSCN1380-1.jpg

Looking great no?

DSCN1382-1.jpg

I got along fine with this one Philips.

DSCN1387.jpg

I got the new fan in the mail and installed it.

DSCN1389.jpg

Cable management looks like crap but trust me, it's perfect for airflow. DSCN1390.jpg

Video, RAM, Processor.

Edited by Krow

I do love that case for a more budget minded build. Lacks some of the higher-end model frills, but one MAJOR plus for it is the simple exterior design. It also still has Antec case quality and great airflow.

Nice! The first one is always the most difficult, however...it involves the most learning :)

Even if you're capable of building straight into the case without causing any shorts, it's often way easier to make hardware modifications with everything easily accessible (ie on a cardboard box). If you do have the misfortune of a DOA component...you don't have to bother with taking everything apart...

Ha! Two screwdrivers aren't completely necessary, I think all I used the second screwdriver for was shorting the pins to turn on the computer (even that was unnecessary for me, as I have buttons on my motherboard :lol:). They're more helpful if you decide you want to take off a videocard heatsink and need a smaller phillips.

:thumbs-up:

I do love that case for a more budget minded build. Lacks some of the higher-end model frills, but one MAJOR plus for it is the simple exterior design. It also still has Antec case quality and great airflow.

Hell yeah, and when I bought that case, I got a $40 discount on a 650w Power Supply (True Power Trio).

Nice! The first one is always the most difficult, however...it involves the most learning :)

Even if you're capable of building straight into the case without causing any shorts, it's often way easier to make hardware modifications with everything easily accessible (ie on a cardboard box). If you do have the misfortune of a DOA component...you don't have to bother with taking everything apart...

Ha! Two screwdrivers aren't completely necessary, I think all I used the second screwdriver for was shorting the pins to turn on the computer (even that was unnecessary for me, as I have buttons on my motherboard :lol:). They're more helpful if you decide you want to take off a videocard heatsink and need a smaller phillips.

:thumbs-up:

Thanks, I've read your guide a million times, but I was honestly not wanting to built outside of the case. I was nervous so I probably would have knocked the whole motherboard down, LOL.

I liked that case the minute it came out I just will I could get it with a window like my 900.

Well, can't you MAKE a window? ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, couldn't have done it without OCC.