Sign in to follow this  
Magel

Geforce Gtx 350

Hi guys. This is my first post on Overclockers Club since DIY Street closed.. Sorry if there is a thread about this already.. Mods please delete if so..

I was wondering if anyone else has been looking into the rummored GeForce GTX 350 card -

http://eprim.org/2008/09/25/graphics/nvidi...f-gddr5-memory/

This is the shop mentioned in the article - Pc Shop

I was going to buy some GTX 280's but it might be worth holding of an seeing if this new card comes to life.

Edited by Magel

i highly doubt nvidia is just going to sit back and let ATI take the lead of the best single card with their 4870x2

i think its very probable this card or a similiar very high end card will be released, and im guessing at around the same price range as the 4870x2

i highly doubt nvidia is just going to sit back and let ATI take the lead of the best single card with their 4870x2

i think its very probable this card or a similiar very high end card will be released, and im guessing at around the same price range as the 4870x2

I wonder how ATI will react, the 4000 series is pretty much as strong as they can get they will really have to pull something amazing out of thin air (or atleast let us overclock their cards and give us 512 memory bandwidth or the gddr5 is useless!)

I wonder how ATI will react, the 4000 series is pretty much as strong as they can get they will really have to pull something amazing out of thin air (or atleast let us overclock their cards and give us 512 memory bandwidth or the gddr5 is useless!)

with all the hussle and bussle in the video card industry atm i still havent decided to upgrade

with ATI's success i thought for sure nvidia will revolt and im guna find it hard to believe that ATI are going to be able to keep up, there 4xxx series chips are inferior to the GT200 chips, we know that, they brang one hell of a price to performance ratio with them though

if nvidia release a monster of a card like a 2gb GTX 350 then im quite sure it will out perform the 4870x2, be more energy efficient and run cooler/quieter and if they somehow keep the price within the realm of the 48070x2 i think we are going to witness another ATI flop until they can release their 5xxx or 6xxx series cards in the future

with all the hussle and bussle in the video card industry atm i still havent decided to upgrade

with ATI's success i thought for sure nvidia will revolt and im guna find it hard to believe that ATI are going to be able to keep up, there 4xxx series chips are inferior to the GT200 chips, we know that, they brang one hell of a price to performance ratio with them though

if nvidia release a monster of a card like a 2gb GTX 350 then im quite sure it will out perform the 4870x2, be more energy efficient and run cooler/quieter and if they somehow keep the price within the realm of the 48070x2 i think we are going to witness another ATI flop until they can release their 5xxx or 6xxx series cards in the future

the 280 gtx answers to the 4870x2 for now and the *old* 260 gtx answered to the 4870. Of course with the core 216 260 gtx and the planned 280 gtx + then and only then will the 4xxx series be inferior. Technically the 4000 series is just the 3000series with gddr5 and more stream processors so if they were to release a fresh new gpu on the market I could see them keeping with whatever nvidia has up their sleeve. I'm not going deny that when the 350gtx and 280gtx+ come out that they will be on top of the market but I'm sure ATI are probably already working on their next chip since I'm sure the 4k series sold so well. Personally i'm disappointed that the 1gb 4870 didn't have drastic performance increases from the 512 4870 but that's due to the damn memory being run on a 256bit bandwidth...

the 280 gtx answers to the 4870x2 for now and the *old* 260 gtx answered to the 4870. Of course with the core 216 260 gtx and the planned 280 gtx + then and only then will the 4xxx series be inferior. Technically the 4000 series is just the 3000series with gddr5 and more stream processors so if they were to release a fresh new gpu on the market I could see them keeping with whatever nvidia has up their sleeve. I'm not going deny that when the 350gtx and 280gtx+ come out that they will be on top of the market but I'm sure ATI are probably already working on their next chip since I'm sure the 4k series sold so well. Personally i'm disappointed that the 1gb 4870 didn't have drastic performance increases from the 512 4870 but that's due to the damn memory being run on a 256bit bandwidth...

i didnt mean the cards were inferior i ment the actual GPU's, its no secret that ATI's cores are worse than nvidias GTX200 cores, the only way ATI was able to beat Nvidia in the single card market was to put 2 GPU's on 1 card..which only just beats out the sinlge GPU'd gtx280, nvidia no doubt has the better architecture

The 4k series is nothing like the 3k series, it is a totally new chip from the ground up. Hence the very dramatic performance increase it made over the 3k series cards. The 1gb 4870 will basically only show inprovements over the 512 version in the form of higher min framerates at very high resolutions and detail settings. Peak fps will not change since that is always at the least demanding point of a benchmark, and avg fps will not skyrocket since the fps will only change in certain places. Not a big improvement for benchmarking, but it will help the gameplay experience.

The bus speed used is due to using gddr5 - it does not need a 512bus to outperform gddr3/4 since its bandwidth is effectively doubled clock per clock anyway. Add in the fact that is hits higher speeds as well, and stock speed gddr5 on a 256 bus outperforms overclocked gddr4 on a 512 bus. Jumping to a 512 bus may or may not help performance since current cards are not memory bandwidth limited anyway. For example, give a phenom x4 more memory bandwidth and its performance will not increase, since it already has a rediculous amout and is not bottlenecked by mem bandwidth.

The 280+ does not sound noteworthy unless they can drop the price like crazy on it, but the 350 may be promising...assuming they did more then just throwing gddr5 on a 512bus at a 280 core and calling it a day.

To early to tell, but I hope they both perform great. Competition is good for both the red and green camps.

really hope they get these cards out soon, as like many others here i'm holding off on my next upgrade. hopefully having the performance lead will bring in enough cash for nvidia to drop the gtx260's price closer to the

nVidia 350 2Gb video card? I wouldn't buy one until ATi releases their response to the card, to which nVidia will need to slash all it's prices.

Competition is good. I just wish Aureal was still around to give Creative a run for their money in the sound card business. Creative has been bending the consumer over since Aureal went out of business (see Vista and Creative drivers).

there 4xxx series chips are inferior to the GT200 chips, we know that, they brang one hell of a price to performance ratio with them though

Brang??? --> Brought (and 'their')