Sign in to follow this  
Paranoid

I started with [email protected] earlier this week, and I am already # 195 on the OCC board. I'll be climbing my way up, gonna set up a 3rd computer tonight, and hopefully a 4th by Christmas.

Now:

Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2.4GHz, 1GB DDR400

Pentium 4 2.53GHz, 768MB DDR266

By Christmas:

Pentium 4 1.3GHz, 256MB DDR266

Celeron 466MHz, 512MB PC133 SDRAM

If I can find a socket 7 board:

Pentium 200MHz, 128MB PC66 SDRAM

Good job Paranoid, keep adding computers to folding team OCC, we've got some team to knock off on our way to the TOP!!! :D

BTW, if I'm not mistaken the minimum processor speed necessary for folding is a celeron 500MHz. I think anything slower than that will take too long to fold, past the deadline [there is a deadline for each protein being folded!] <_<

Good job Paranoid, keep adding computers to folding team OCC, we've got some team to knock off on our way to the TOP!!! :D

BTW, if I'm not mistaken the minimum processor speed necessary for folding is a celeron 500MHz. I think anything slower than that will take too long to fold, past the deadline [there is a deadline for each protein being folded!] <_>

I thought it was a 233Mhz computer :unsure:

i think they test them and make deadlines on a 500mhz machine running it like half the day or something

Geez, don't you people pay attention....

We just talked about this....

The minimum is 200Mhz..but mine and several others peoples experience was that it never turned in a WU before the deadline....

The scores are based on a 500mhz system.....

Carry on....

Deadlines are based on a 500mhz celly with no MMX or any other boost. Then the time it takes is multiplied by 2.5 to get a deadline.

Also, GET ALL COMPS FOLDING ASAP!!! Macaddict4life is gaining on us, and there is a new threat to folding. One Sharky forums is also gaining on us at an alarming rate 1k/day i think.

What we need is another motivational contest to get some new members folding and get some others back on track.

Mine runs all the time, 24/7. only gets paused briefly if I really need the extra headroom, which is rarely. FAH does a good job of staying "out of the way".

My motivation is hoping we will all help to find a cure for things. It's really a selfless motivation, which is most rewarding. They can have a contest or not, I'll keep folding till they quit the project altogether. ;)

I know I will too, but like anything I think the points are a nice reward, plenty enough for me to keep doing it. I don't know if I can add more then 1 more comp at home as power the bill is just rediculus. I am trying to find a set of lab computers to fold for me as my step-dad is a teacher at a college, and I also go there.

I think magnon hosts all his own comps, that's a little pricey to make 1K points a day, heck I make 1500 points a week and thats enough $$$ on comps and power for me.

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

im currently folding a 2.8Ghz HT sony vaio and a 2Ghz northword dell

i didnt pay for either dont bash me

yea... 8 computers is a lot... what 100 dollers a year @full time?

I think it will be like 400-500 for all the comps per year. I have only started since just about 3 months ago and that is when I started using the heat which makes it even worse. All I know is power bill = bad. I have 1 of the 1800+ sytems as a file/print server and folding at my dads and the other just sitting and folding. I only have 6 systems here including the laptop in my room, which I also fold on.

My boss got pissed that I left the Athlon 64 on at the office 24/7, so its not on. (right now office is in his basement)

I am folding 24/7 and I did notice the overtaking scenario by macaddict4life. It seems that a bunch of ppl stopped folding as soon as the contest was over!

I wasn't expecting that! <_<