Holy crap we're all gonna die

Ronin

Palladium is a joke, just like Microsoft!

Cool link, I think we all learned a valuble lesson from Intel and M$......money goes straight to your head. They're getting greedier.

My suggestion:

Get an AMD chip and put Linux on it!!!!!!!

;)

The aim of Palladium (pronounced, "Your screwed") is to increase security... more over, Microsoft's security, by eleminating the OpenSorse world...

One way is the Linux Kernel would have to be digitally signed by Microsoft. And then, you wouldn't be able to modify it.. because if you did modify (hack) it, it would no longer run on the palladium system.

Same goes for other [OpenSourse] software... It would have to be signed by Microsoft, and if modified would not run.

And much like 'Clipper' the palladium would be a back door waiting for someone to walk right in.

For ya to read...

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/07/...dium/index.html

http://online.securityfocus.com/columnists/96

http://i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/ar...02/hiatus.shtml - Got the Your screwed commenet from here.

Its all gonna die out....kinda like Microsoft slowly is with all these court rulings etc. :ph34r: Bill gates will die too :ph34r: ...oops...I wasn't supposed to release the truth until the plan starts...J/K...

But with a lot of people using Linux and free stuff like that it won't be as easy to get these programs into wide spread use...thats just my two cents B)

There are more old and stupid people using Windows then there are knowledgeable people worried about the Palladium....

Large quntities of stupid people that think this is for "security" will make it easy for MS to make this thing real...

There are more old and stupid people using Windows then there are knowledgeable people worried about the Palladium....

Large quntities of stupid people that think this is for "security" will make it easy for MS to make this thing real...

So very true. Palladium is probably the start of Microsofts demise. They don't really make it a "personal" computer anymore, they watch your system and wait for ANY acitivity that they think is suspicious, then basically shuts it down. You already see it w/ XP, you can't reinstall it alot or else you will be on the phone w/ Microsoft trying to explain yourself. After I've bought a computer, I don't think I should have to answer to Mircrosoft about what I'm doing w/ it.

It is scary, and for the schmucks that want to use that OS they can go right ahead. If I have too, I'll stick to Win2K the rest of my life.

What we really need is another company to step up with a good alternative to Windows and Linux. An operating system that doesn't watch your every freaking move and keep track of what you put on your system would be the first step.

I think all that money is starting to goto Mr. Gates little scrawny head.