Almost Done......

Fueler

I know this has taken forever but I have almost no time. I am buried in damage control.....thanks Bush.

Anyway I have managed to make progress.

Here's where I'm at now.

HTPC-72.jpg

HTPC-73.jpg

I have pics of the entire process......over the next few days I'll update this post with a work log to show how I got here B:) ........or if the entire financial system melts down over the next day or so I'll just run off a cliff head first :glare:

Ok picking up where I left off all those months ago........

In addition to the slot I cut into the panel for the drive tray I made two more cuts for the optical drive led and the tray open close button.

HTPC-74.jpg

I drilled a 3/8ths inch hole for the optical drive tray button....unfortunately the only bar stock I had laying around was also 3/8ths and wouldn't work in this case. The button needs to be larger than the hole and cut down to fit leaving a stop on the back side so it doesn't fall out the front. I ended up having to cut a square peg to fit a round hole.

HTPC-79.jpg

HTPC-81.jpg

A quick fit test......

HTPC-82.jpg

Next I cut the drive tray door cover.....I used the mill to make clean accurate cuts since any uneveness in the cut would be obvious.

HTPC-77.jpg

It's hard to see because of the glare but that's a .006 inch feeler guage that just barely squeezes into the gap...so once centered I'll have .003 inch clearance around the edges of the door.

HTPC-78.jpg

Next I made a acrylic mount for the optical drive.

HTPC-83.jpg

I think the front panel turned out pretty good......it's all scratched up right now but that will all be cleaned up in the end.

HTPC-84.jpg

HTPC-85.jpg

More in a bit B:)