Really Tricky One

vyroburn

Ok guys, this is a really tricky one that I have had no success with.

A bit of background information about my network here at work. Windows 2003 server throughout, 5 citrix servers running and housing all of our applications, all your standard microsoft networking. Active directory and such. The problem is as follows:

A while ago I had my citrix farms working perfectly all my applications were running flawless and the all the sudden out of no where photoshop elements 6.0 no longer works on the servers and or through citrix. This is the error message that i receive when ever I try and run any macro media based application.

This happens with Adobe photoshop cs3, adobe photoshop elements 6 and any general macromedia application such as a simple director multimedia manager interface.

error.jpg

I have tried many things ranging from uninstalling, re-installing, re-installing in a different directory, different drives, replacing registry entries, deleting con fig files that control licensing, deleting registry entry's and everything in between.

The only things I have not tryed that may have any affect on this problem would be reformatting, (not really an option due to the massiave amount of time to reconfigure 5 server2003 citrix servers and all the applications). And I have not try to delete the local administrator profile and start a new (also a very difficult task due to the constant demand of these servers almost day in and day out).

Well if anyone is familar with server 2003 and or this error message, I would really appreciate some help. everything else is working great. I really assume that it is some form of registry problem, that I am unaware of how to fix.

Thanks for you're time and efforts.

Vyro~

Have you tried running "chkdsk /r" on each of the servers. That is a really strange problem. That error normally points to a memory related problem and I doubt you have bad RAM with it doing the same thing on 5 different servers.

no i haven't done a check disk yet. I am so confused because everything else is working like a champ. The servers are relatively new and very well taken care of. I need to take em down one at a time and work on them and do everything I know to do... I am just scared to do too much because if I crap one out man its a . ton of work for me to do, so i am very weary.

shrug,

ya and i know the ram isn't bad, I have run some overnight tests on it. shrug Hopefully its just some content package that i need to install or something. Anyone have any problems with running macromedia applications on dual processing machines ? I highly doubt that would have anything to do with it but I am not totally sure what "hotfixes", have been release since they stopped working.