24" Monitor

tkrow21

Hi guys, I'm looking into 24" monitors. What would be a good monitor and what kind of graphics power would I need? I don't think an HD4850 is enough.

Enough for what? I have no problems - give us a bit more information of what you will be using the monitor/card for primarily? Budget will also help. The more information you post, the more help you are likely to receive. :)

Enough for what? I have no problems - give us a bit more information of what you will be using the monitor/card for primarily? Budget will also help. The more information you post, the more help you are likely to receive. :)

Hi, sorry for the confusion.

I would like to use the monitor for my computer (daily use and some gaming such as the Orange Box). I would like to know if an HD4850 would be sufficient to run Orange Box games at full resolutions and medium-high settings or would I be better off with a HD4870?

As for that LG monitor, I'm skeptic. My cousins AC and Plasma TV are both screwing up (LG). Now, I don't want to be that kid who still think AMD is crushing Intel, but my past experiences with LG are bad.

Once again sorry, and thank you guys for your help.

Edited by Krow

Hmm...well, my computer plays the Orange box just fine at 1080p with most things maxed (and the 4850 is slightly above my card). I don't think you'll have a problem...1920x1200 probably isn't much more work than 1080p.

If you have the 4850 already, keep it and see how you like it. If you don't...you can always err on the safe side and pick up a 4870. :thumbs-up:

indeed, it depends what you want the computer to do and how well, if you want a computer that eats everything alive with everything turned on at HD resolution on High than on some games a little HD4850 will not be big enough.. but for your needs it should be if not pick up a HD4870 or simlier

Dell ultra sharp and Samsun T240 are good displays.As known 1920x1080 is the standart resolution value of 24" displays.İt is a high value and a big problem for graphic cards.İn my opinion 4850 can't fully support games in this resolution.A higher performans graphic card is be better for now and games that will come in the future.

I would like to know if an HD4850 would be sufficient to run Orange Box games at full resolutions and medium-high settings or would I be better off with a HD4870?

I ran the Orange Box games maxed out at 1920x1080 and 4xFSAA with my old 2900XT on an Opteron 175...and the 4850 blows it out of the water. I think you'll be fine. ;)