How Much Can You Bend Serial Ata Cables?

uneedav8

I was just curious if any of you guys have an insight on this. I have heard that you are not suppose to make sharp bends with SATA cables. Just curious. I am trying to clean up wiring and trying to find a way to clean everything up. Thanks.

Same here, I have taken apart many machines with cables bent back on themselves and all seem to be fine. I guess a lot would depend on the quality of the cable you use. Repeated flexing back and forth would obviously weaken the structure, but a tight bend during a build that will remain in the same posiiton afterwards, should not case any major worries. :)

Same here, I have taken apart many machines with cables bent back on themselves and all seem to be fine. I guess a lot would depend on the quality of the cable you use. Repeated flexing back and forth would obviously weaken the structure, but a tight bend during a build that will remain in the same posiiton afterwards, should not case any major worries. :)

:withstupid:

I've bent some (quite stiff ones) though 180 degrees, and they're fine. Repeated bending in the same place will break them.