Anyone Else Running Crysis W/ 2 4870x2's?

TRWeiss1

Sorry to hijack your post. This has got me thinking about my setup . Do you guys think I my have the same bottleneck

with my 2x8800gtx in sli using an overclocked to 3.91g e8400 cpu ? :blink:

i'm still convinced that all cpus are a bottleneck for high-end GPUs, but that e8400 at that speed shouldnt' be causing much of an issue.

I've gotta say that I'm EXTREMELY disappointed...Received all my new HW last night, friggin mobo was DOA. :(

Brand new Rampage Formula and all it would say was CMOS ERR, which is 150% DOA...Ordered a new mobo, having it overnighted, then sending this one back for a refund. If I get another that's DOA I'm DONE with this board. I got it since it was said to be excellent for OC'ing.

How'd this one get through QA ASUS??? :angry2:

Well, just wanted to write back with an update. :) Got the new hardware installed, and am currently running everything in my sig beautifully. :D

Only got a chance to play the first level of Crysis, but I get around 110 FPS in x-fire on the beach, dropping to between 80 and 90 after killing the first 3 guys (by the flare), then running between 50 and 60 at first light. It's been running amazingly, and I have no complaints. Right now all settings are on high.

In COD4 with everything cranked I'm getting between 150 and 200 FPS in the first single player level (battleship)...FEAR average framerate is 182 FPS with everything cranked, 4x AA, 16x anisotropic filtering, etc, etc...I play all my games at my monitors max res, which is 1680x1050.

Definitely VERY happy with this upgrade! Again, thanks for the help guys! And I've still got a ways to go with this CPU! It loves OC'ing...lol. I'm using the dynamic voltage control in the BIOS now, but CPU voltage is 1.29v and the hottest it's gotten so far is 32 deg C. :D

Btw, FWIW, I am benching 21000 in 3dmark06 after this upgrade...Before was benching 11500. :)

Edited by TRWeiss1

Well, just wanted to write back with an update. :) Got the new hardware installed, and am currently running everything in my sig beautifully. :D

Only got a chance to play the first level of Crysis, but I get around 110 FPS in x-fire on the beach, dropping to between 80 and 90 after killing the first 3 guys (by the flare), then running between 50 and 60 at first light. It's been running amazingly, and I have no complaints. Right now all settings are on high.

In COD4 with everything cranked I'm getting between 150 and 200 FPS in the first single player level (battleship)...FEAR average framerate is 182 FPS with everything cranked, 4x AA, 16x anisotropic filtering, etc, etc...I play all my games at my monitors max res, which is 1680x1050.

Definitely VERY happy with this upgrade! Again, thanks for the help guys! And I've still got a ways to go with this CPU! It loves OC'ing...lol. I'm using the dynamic voltage control in the BIOS now, but CPU voltage is 1.29v and the hottest it's gotten so far is 32 deg C. :D

Btw, FWIW, I am benching 21000 in 3dmark06 after this upgrade...Before was benching 11500. :)

me and you both i get the same benchmarks...but 3d mark favors nvidia tho btw lol....