True "copper" Edition

damian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a myth....look at home water heating/cooling units...the high efficiency unit all have copper cores with aluminum fins....

Exactly the same reason CPU heatsinks commonly use them, manufacturing, design and cost reasons.

Thermal conductivity of the metal is rarely the only consideration.

Edited by jammin

not a myth....look at home water heating/cooling units...the high efficiency unit all have copper cores with aluminum fins....

Heh. You guys can expect a long post from me in the future ;).

So...for all you guys who think aluminum is superior...

Look at the performance of the XP90 and the XP90c. I'm pretty sure they're the same geometry...I don't need to guess which one works better.

Heh. You guys can expect a long post from me in the future ;).

So...for all you guys who think aluminum is superior...

Look at the performance of the XP90 and the XP90c. I'm pretty sure they're the same geometry...I don't need to guess which one works better.

wasn't the copper only better by 2C though?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a True Black. My only beef with it was that the base was anything but flat. It looked flat. The machine marks were all true but it wasn't flat. I lapped it to be flat to match the athlon x2 6000 I lapped. But I think I will pick up one of these True Copper ones. Especially if I could get rid of the original NIB thermalright extreme 120 in silver. I don't know exactly how much better it will do the job if any than the TRUE BLACK(which BTW I think does great) But I think it looks SWEET!

lol @ suchuwato

Looks spiffy but really it's way too damn heavy and expensive plus only 3000 will be made so they're going to be gone in a heartbeat. ~$100 is a sweet new ram kit or a 750GB HD off of newegg, both of which I would prefer over a shiny copper TRUE.

Maybe you should invest into a new motherboard first :lol: