Invisible Xp Machines On Network

airman

Yes, I have seen routers do similar things when they are fubard. Have you tried a firmware upgrade on the router yet?

I got a response over there within 10 minutes of posting it. He linked me to this:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

and it worked beautifully. :)

problem solved...a minute and a half fix for something i've been tearing my (and others') hair out for a week over.

:withstupid:

You hadn't even tried a hard reset yet? lol I didn't even suggest that because I just assumed that was one of the first things you tried. I guess that is what I get for assuming. :P

You hadn't even tried a hard reset yet? lol I didn't even suggest that because I just assumed that was one of the first things you tried. I guess that is what I get for assuming. :P

not the 30/30/30 method. i wasn't aware of that particular process. i also figured flashing the firmware back to factory from DD-WRT would accomplish something. i held the reset button down for roughly 10 seconds until all of the lights go off, then it boots back up like normal - that's what linksys says is a "hard" reset but i suppose not.

i'm not that much of an idiot.

Edited by airman