Amd 6400 Be Overclock Issues

Bigun08

Hey folks new the the forum and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this

I run an ASUS M2NSLI deluxe Mobo and an AMD 6400 3.2 BE

every time i try to over clock past 3.29 i get the BSOD

If i try to adjust the CPU voltage i my system freezes

I have 4GBs of mushkin ram and an Ultra 1000 W PSU and 2 x XFX 8800 GTS cards.. and ideas.. thanks

get rid of that board...it's known to have issues with that cpu....

Hate to tell you that but I have hated every M2N board i have touched...all of them have been problematic and poor clockers in one way or another....

a 790gx or fx board would do you alot better....but has no sli option....

if you have 4x1gig sticks of ram pull 2 out and see what happens...you may have to play with ram settings to get farther....

I have bad news for you.

I have that board and cpu in my wife's computer.

that chip is at the max FSB of that board the best i was ever able to get was 3.4

And that was done by cranking the volts Vcore and HTT (vcore was at 1.6 and HT was at 1.5)

That was in the winter ( I live in Wisconsin US) with the window open and a fan blowing cold air in.

Room Temp was around 26 or so Fahrenheit. and it was still running around 47C at idle with a dual 120 CPU heat sink and 6 other 120 fan at 80+ cfm. Make sure you keep a close eye on the temps.

That chip runs HOT and the board wont let you go much past stock speeds.

Like DR_bowtie said not the greatest board for OCing.

I would look in to some of the AM2+ boards that have a higher FSB.

How ever when left at stock the board work great for email and web surfing. :rolleyes:

If you do want to try to OC it shoot me a PM and ill give you all the settings i was running

How ever I cant say that it would be safe to run at.

I keep asking myself why do i need more.. This board is running lightning fast and plays my 3 favorite games with no problems.. Crysis, COD4 and BF2.. This system rocks.. it is a dual boot XP 32 bit and Ubuntu linux.. and in a couple of days it will be a tri boot system with vista 64bit.. So i have said all that to say.. i was just exploring possibilities.. and over clocking this MOBO is not a real possible.. but that is fine.. i have 2 cores running at 3.3.. that is currently enough.. to handle all that i throw at it.. so thanks to those who gave input.. and there is no love loss here with my system.. IT ROCKS HARD!.. nuff said Bigun!