Problem Getting Past 660/1546/970mhz On 8800gtx Help Please :'(

ReaperClawZ

Hi all, Im new here, have been reading alot of stuff on this site and it seems awesome in terms of support/knowledge etc..

So i Oc'ed my 8800GTX to 660/1546/970MHZ but Any Higher Like 10mhz over that in CORE or MEMORY Section = Crash after 10 seconds of starting 3Dmark06 or playing any game... Im Currently thinking my Limitation is perhaps Not enough Voltage to the 8800GTX itself and thinking of Volt Modding it Maybe... Ive seen some guys get 720MHZ Core (Which in My opinion is best hope i could even get 700 mhz on core and 1.1k on memory) Could Someone Give me a Good Tried-And-True Method of Volt Modding my 8800GTX, Btw its on Stock cooler though and if i need a better one, what would you recommend?

I have my Specs in My Sig if u need it.

Any Help Appriciated Thanks!

Edited by ReaperClawZ

Welcome ReaperClawZ :)

I also reached a limit at 661/1546/1116 even with the volt mod. My last card was even lower 648//1026. I too wonder what the limit is? I would say settle with the OC you have now, cause the volt mod is risky and really not worth the trouble. My first 8800 GTX volt mod didn't work and I screwed up the card. Not giving up, I tried again on my new card. This time I successfully did the volt mod but I still couldn't reach a higher OC.

Here's the thread where I built a couple volt meters and attempted the volt mod.. I am no expert as you can see.

Since you only have stock cooling, I would stick with your current OC.

Welcome ReaperClawZ :)

I also reached a limit at 661/1546/1116 even with the volt mod. My last card was even lower 648//1026. I too wonder what the limit is? I would say settle with the OC you have now, cause the volt mod is risky and really not worth the trouble. My first 8800 GTX volt mod didn't work and I screwed up the card. Not giving up, I tried again on my new card. This time I successfully did the volt mod but I still couldn't reach a higher OC.

Here's the thread where I built a couple volt meters and attempted the volt mod.. I am no expert as you can see.

Since you only have stock cooling, I would stick with your current OC.

Ah, Well, I guess we just have to live with it, but i wonder still how some ppl got theirs stable @ 720/1200 mhz?. Watercooling + voltmod? lol.. Well thanks anyways and Thanks for the Welcome ;)