Sign in to follow this  
wamason

Air Conditioning

Hey guys, have another question for anyone who will give me an answer.

I'm looking into purchasing a Sunbeam Overclocker's Kit, if anyone is not familiar with it, it's basically a 80mm round tube that goes from the top of the CPU heatsink, to a fan or port on the outside of the case. My plan is to place a Vantec Tornado 80mm fan at the case opening, and pipe in air via the tube to the CPU Heatsink. Would I be better of leaving the fan on the heatsink, and just mounting another fan on my case wall directly over that and skipping the sunbeam mod all together? Any ideas?

Sounds good, i know that air conditioning is real dry air, so thats good!, just make shure its not raining or water is comming through the pipe, lol!! But it could work, if set up proporally!

My house stays pretty dry year round (even thought I live in southern Mississippi), the humidity level is not very high in my house. This would pipe in air directly from outside of the case, instead of pulling air into the heatsink that's already in the case. I think I'm going to run the tube straight out of the CPU Heatsink to the case wall, cut a 80mm hole, and put a Vantec Tornado 80mm fan there with a grill. That should force a good bit of outside air directly onto the Heatsink. Do you guys think I should place the fan on the heatsink and then run the tube to the outside, or place the fan on the opposite end of the tube from the heatsink and processor. I hope it'll work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

With a tornado and a small tubing lenth you will not need the HS fan, in fact it will be in the way of the tornado air pressure. Tornado in the case wall should be enough ;)

If it was from the front of the case maybe(cause of the lenth of the tube)

What I meant was should I place just the tornado at the end of the tube on the heatsink, or at the opposite end of the tube coming into the case? Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

That's what i said , if your lenth of the duct is small put the tornado fan on the case wall, no cpu fan, if you put it also being a lesser speed fan it will be in the way of the faster fan. :)

And if you put it at the case wall you'll have less noise since the air pressure will be diminished but on the other hand you will get a better coverage of your HS (no fan hub in the way) like the Tt ducting mods do

Edited by kobalt