Altec Lansing Fx3022

Desktop-pro

It's not 2.2

.1 means a dedicated subwoofer audio channel... just because a speaker has separate drivers, doesn't make it have *discrete* bass channels

I'm extremely unconvinced by a 4" sub + 1.5" driver design in a plastic cone...

I'm extremely unconvinced by a 4" sub + 1.5" driver design in a plastic cone...
AGREED

A 4" driver is a joke.

You might as well fart into a pylon...

However if this was scaled into "floor standers" that were like 5ft tall with 15" subwoofers (instead of these POS longthrow woofers), isolated midrange speakers, and a horn somewhere there then it might be worth looking at.

(the main problem would be the cone shape, it would have to be purely aesthetics, for it to sound/feel good there would have to be a smaller diameter cylinder running up the inside of the cone for the subwoofer)

Edited by Andrewr05

AGREED

A 4" driver is a joke.

You might as well fart into a pylon...

However if this was scaled into "floor standers" that were like 5ft tall with 15" subwoofers (instead of these POS longthrow woofers), isolated midrange speakers, and a horn somewhere there then it might be worth looking at.

(the main problem would be the cone shape, it would have to be purely aesthetics, for it to sound/feel good there would have to be a smaller diameter cylinder running up the inside of the cone for the subwoofer)

I c what your saying. No way could a full range 1.5" driver move enough air to sound good. If you want truely amazing sound you need to move alot of air and have an open baffle design. But that would not make very good computer speakers due to size concerns. I still want to hear them.

post-7351-1221245360_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desktop-pro