Upgraded My Video Card And Now Have Problems

Blaise

Hope someone here has a simple (easy) answer for this one - I'm at a loss...

I swapped out my ol' XFX 7900 GT's (2 running in SLi) for a BFG GTX 260 OCX card in my DFi eXpert board this morning and can't get a video signal. When booting I get one long beep followed by three short ones indicating a video error has occured and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information. I've tried reseating the card (it only just fits in my Lian-Li PC-61 USB case) a number of times and ensured that both 6 pin PCI-express power cords are connected to the card. The card's fan kicks in so I assume that I'm getting sufficient amps from my Silverstone ST60F (600W) PSU for it not to be a power issue.

In addition, I realised I didn't change the BIOS setting (for the PCI express slots) from 8-N.C-4-8 to 16-1-1-2 before I swapped the cards out (it was 4.30am - forgive me) so I did a BIOS reset assuming that this would set the default back to single card configuration. That didn't work either. I've re-seated the RAM on the off-chance that was the problem but alas; no. I can't simply plop one of my 7900GT's back in as they were watercooled and I had to modify my loop to remove 'em (only my CPU is watercooled now). The original 7900 HSF's are being stored at my parents place which is too far away at the moment. I don't have any other cards (assuming my rummaging at my shop doesn't unearth an old PCI card) that I can try :(

Hoping I don't have a dud card... any clues?

Answering my own thread (again)...

Solved the problem, quite embarrassing actually. I forgot that my SATA connectors were near the end of the card and thy were preventing the card from seating correctly. Changed them over to SATA1 & 2 (from 3 & 4) and all is good.

Solved the problem, quite embarrassing actually. I forgot that my SATA connectors were near the end of the card and thy were preventing the card from seating correctly. Changed them over to SATA1 & 2 (from 3 & 4) and all is good.

Hehe, mistakes like that happen to everyone atleast once :P

Edited by Zertz