Please Help I Think Im Screwed! :(

Ok heres the deal. just installed my new TRUE black no problem. Booted up the computer, ran fine for about 5-10 minutes had my QX6850 at 3.33ghz. Went to OC to 3.66 hit F10 and then when the computer tried to reboot it shut down. I reset the CMOS and same problem. When i turn it on the fans try to spin and all my lights and everything come on for a split second and then it shuts down. I'm talking litterally 0.5 seconds and then it shuts back down. I do see the lil red light on my mobo when it boots for the 0.5 seconds but then the lights go back to just the yellow and blue. Fried CPU im thinking the voltage's were set to auto so i dont see how it could have fried. maybe a fried mobo but i would think it wouldnt even power on at so im leaning towards a blown CPU. Any help you guys can provide i would appreciate so much!!

BFG 800w. I dont think it could be the PSU, I've been using it this whole tine.

I would try another one if you have one, also try taking all the sticks of RAM out but 1 stick and try it, if that does not work try each stick individually one at a time it could be a bad stick of RAM. What voltage are you using on the RAM? Do you have the heatsink mounted on the cpu correctly? Its not getting hot and shutting down is it?

ill try all that and get back to you. The computer was running fine right after i installed the new heastsink, and ran for about 10 minutes then I shut it down to overlock it to 3.66 and after i exited the BIOS and it went to reset that is when the issues started

ill try all that and get back to you. The computer was running fine right after i installed the new heastsink, and ran for about 10 minutes then I shut it down to overlock it to 3.66 and after i exited the BIOS and it went to reset that is when the issues started

Might try removing the battery for a few minutes also...

when the computer shuts down does it try and start back up?

before you went to overclock to 3660, had you been in the bios and changed something? what were the settings for 3660? 366x10, 407x9, etc?

I personally do not have any experience with this board, however I know some boards when you change the multi will turn themselves off and then on and repeat 2-3 times, its a little scary if you didnt know what was going on, but its normal

I tried letting it reboot itself but that did not work. But i am running 333x11=3663. What it seems to do is leave the yellow light on after it flashes the lights and tries to spin the fans. I can hold the power button in for a few seconds like i would for a hard boot down then it shuts off the yellow light bu the blue stays lit constanty. I do get a flash from the RED LED on the mobo. I'm thinking this could mean a bad CPU. All of these parts worked fine until i changed it from 3.33 to 3.66. But the processor would change the voltage to which it could kill itself coudl it?

Sounds like you need to pull the cmos battery and go watch an episode of [insert your favorite tv show here]. when it's over, come back replace the battery and fire it up.

yes, some boards can take longer than 5 minutes to clear, dont see those much but there are a slight few, leave it out for at least 20 minutes or so before messing with it. of course make sure its been unplugged first. when you remove the battery, i always have a habit of hitting the power button to drain out the capacitors on the board.

im about 99.9% sure that even on auto the cpu would not have had to many volts, those old 65nm cpus can take very large amounts of volts without an issue.

You've been about "99.9% sure" on a lot of things in the past that were very wrong. :lol: