Finally Ordered Everything

etrodai

Hi guys, so i have finally orderd everything for my first build.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to all the guys here who helped me. I also read through a ton of reviews on the site, it's all been a huge help.

so here's my finalised list, it's all on it's way to me as we speak:

Case: Antec nine hundred

PSU: OCZ stealthXstream 600W

CPU: Intel E8500

MOBO: MSI P45 Platinum

GPU: BFG GTX 260 ocx

RAM: 4Gb (2x2Gb) OCZ ReaperX 1000MHz

HDD: 500Gb Seagate Barracuda

CPU cooling: Thermalright ultra 120 extreme with fan

Optical drive: Samsung 22x DVD

so now i just need to wait for it to arrive, should all be here by saturday. I've read through Crazy_Nate's sticky on how to build a computer so hopefully everything goes ok. then i'll be moving on to my first attempt at overclocking.

Wish me luck guys :thumbs-up:

Also, make sure you're 120 Extreme is flat, you may need to lap it. Also make sure you correctly apply the thermal paste and the right amount. Even if you're not using this brand, this is a good reference of how much and where to put it.

Click on the Dual Core instructions

http://www.arcticsilver.com/ins_route_step2intelas5.html

ok guys I'm a bit worried.

I got my PSU and RAM in today. I wanted to check my power supply was working so i plugged it into my old pc. I didn't connect any drives or anything, just the motherboard. I switched on the power and there was a flash and a pop from inside the PSU case. It seemed to run fine, but I switched it off right away. I tried switching it back on and it seemed fine now, it's running ok and the CPU fan is coming on.

I assume this is not normal, have i done something wrong? I really hope i haven't messed this up already. It's not filling me with confidence for starting my build tomorrow.

ok guys I'm a bit worried.

I got my PSU and RAM in today. I wanted to check my power supply was working so i plugged it into my old pc. I didn't connect any drives or anything, just the motherboard. I switched on the power and there was a flash and a pop from inside the PSU case. It seemed to run fine, but I switched it off right away. I tried switching it back on and it seemed fine now, it's running ok and the CPU fan is coming on.

I assume this is not normal, have i done something wrong? I really hope i haven't messed this up already. It's not filling me with confidence for starting my build tomorrow.

OCZ tech support is quite good. I'd give 'em a ring, and see what they say...but I think it's going to include a RMA. I'm with Comp dude2, I wouldn't want to risk your hardware (or my hardware if this was the case).

ok thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated. I've been on the OCZ site and contacted them. If i want a replacement from them though i think i will have to send the faulty unit to them in the USA then wait for a new one to get to me. this could take ages and i don't really want to wait on that so i have contacted the company i bought it from to see if they can help me out.