No Hardrives!!

Jenova69

I'm building a new rig for a friend and i'm having some serious problems with his hardrives. When i boot into the Bios the motherboard reads that both hardrives are installed and operating fine ( 120gb OS drive,300 gb Storage from his old Pc) but when i go to install windows XP pro 32-bit it won't install due to no harddrive!? I'm going to try to install an extra copy of Vista i have later. Any help would be appreciated sincerely this guys lives on his PC an has to use an HP till it gets fixed :(.

Rig Specs:

q6600

xfx 780i

2x2gb ddr2 800

x700(temporary)

Seagate 120gb Sata

Maxtor 300gb Sata

When you're setting up a new PC, sometimes XP will ask you to hit F6 to install any third party drivers. You may need to take the motherboard disk to another PC and make a drivers disk for the controller

I agree, SATA drivers may be needed.

xp doesn't recognize sata hard drives. you have to get a disk with drivers and hit f6 during install. I have a maxtor drive and the software I have to have is called maxblast or something like that, make a floppy with the drivers on them and your good.

xp doesn't recognize sata hard drives. you have to get a disk with drivers and hit f6 during install. I have a maxtor drive and the software I have to have is called maxblast or something like that, make a floppy with the drivers on them and your good.

Not entirely true... My system is running 3 hard drives and my XP and Vista both recognized the drives and no drivers were needed. I think it may depend on which SATA ports he's plugged into.