Death Race

Gr4vitas

Just watched the movie, thought it was great, way better than I had anticipated. Definitely a must watch if you ask me. Stratham did awesome in this movie great actor and overall a good performance. I know this thread is a little behind lol but I wanted to make it after watching that movie. Seams like Stratham has a thing for driving movies, and he does a damn good job to! Can't wait to see him in another!

Anyway thoughts on the movie if you've seen it?

Now my curiosity is piqued. I thought this movie looked totally stupid from the previews.

Yeah, I though it would be a pile of crap, but seems to be good from what those who went to see it said. I'll check it out sometime in the future.

James Berardinelli of ReelViews awarded Death Race a score of two and a half stars (out of four), saying that it's "weak when it comes to things like plot, character, and acting, but it's very good at provoking visceral reactions."

Sorry, I go to the cinema for Plot, Character and Acting :P

Haven't seen it, but it looked like an ok action flick, but these movies are really starting to lack in plot and development. Don't mean that in a bad way towards this movie, but it's just a trend I see in some of the action movies that come out here and there. The typical car related, shoot em up guy movies... just never got into that.

Statham is a great actor, but i'm getting tired of him in roles like this. He was much more interesting in say "Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels", "Snatch" and movies like that. And there is more to him as an actor than a tweaked out crazy guy who likes to drive cars hehe.

Now Death Proof... that was a great car movie!

I don't give a crap about "plot," "development," or the "deepness" of the work of art. If I want that I'll watch LOTR or No Country for Old Men (which blew in my opinion.) On the other hand, if I want to remove my tampon and be a man, and see a man movie, I'll go watch Death Race.

I don't give a crap about "plot," "development," or the "deepness" of the work of art. If I want that I'll watch LOTR or No Country for Old Men (which blew in my opinion.) On the other hand, if I want to remove my tampon and be a man, and see a man movie, I'll go watch Death Race.

:lol: It's okay to be shallow every once in a while.

ROTMFFLMGDAO!

:lol:

The move looks good, I just hope its nowhere near as corny as "The Transporter 2".

Edited by Andrewr05

And for those who appreciate a real movie, we'll move on elsewhere and let the testosterone-fest crowd enjoy their movies.