Stupid Question

suchuwato

I wish... those xbox guys would have no chance! That would be an awesome feature and Im sure someone will do it sooner or later. Consoles and PCs become more similar every generation.

Edited by SMeeD

There are only a few Windows Live and XBox Live games that allow inter-platform gameplay... it's relatively new, but Microsoft made it free to developers after it being a paid-for deal (like a lot of their dev tools) so hopefully the console vs PC debates can be handled in-game soon :lol:

its happened to a few games in the past on dreamcast (which im sure im the only one who still plays it) 4x4 evo was the first to be cross online

4x4 Evolution (also known as 4x4EVO, codenamed Metal Crush 3) is a video game developed by Terminal Reality for the Windows, Macintosh, PlayStation 2 and Dreamcast platforms. It is the first console game to have cross-platform online play where Dreamcast, Macintosh and PC versions of the game appear online at the same time. The game can use maps created by users to download onto a hard drive, and surprisingly a VMU. All games are similar in quality and gameplay although the online systems feature a mode to customize the players' own truck and use it online.

There are only a few Windows Live and XBox Live games that allow inter-platform gameplay... it's relatively new, but Microsoft made it free to developers after it being a paid-for deal (like a lot of their dev tools) so hopefully the console vs PC debates can be handled in-game soon :lol:

Right on! I'd love to be able to represent the console side, but problem with FPS on console is the last one to truly invigorate me and other console gamers was GoldenEye. Only thing a PC gamer would have had on me in that game is turning around faster than me. Acquiring target and destroying it was too easy with the controller.

Biggest problem I see in addition to consoles just not getting any stellar FPS games since GoldenEye is that the ports are never the same. I'm trying to think of a game that started on the PC, ported to console that I just absolutely I loved and thought kept most of it's game mechnics/timing in tact ...and I can't. I just can't think of any.

You are aware that GoldenEye had autoaim, and such a thing would be more exploited on a computer, right?

zOMG!! No, I was completely unaware of that feature! :rolleyes:

Yes I was aware. First thing was first - turn Radar off, turn Auto-Aim off, turn Paintball Mode ON.

You could turn it off (iirc - it made multiplayer harder for newbs)

Ty!

Yeah newer peeps complained, wah, wah,.. but they also got better at the game faster - magine that. ;)

Faster they get better, sooner more competition. :P