Ubuntu Install Problems...

Onion

I tried installing ubuntu on my 780i rig (for my parents who are not very techologically oriented). I boot the cd, I choose install, and it starts doing its stuff. After a while, it gives me an error saying that X display is messed up and bla bla bla. After that, I reboot and I go into safe graphics mode since it wont boot the cd in regular mode. For safe graphics mode, it starts loading up, beeps like 10 times really fast, then keeps loading. After that it beeps like crazy like 50 times, the screen shuts off and it pauses, then it beeps more, then it pauses again and keeps going. Now what?

Fixed that problem...forgot ACPI was on. Now, heres part 2. It detects wireless internet etc, and I try to connect to my network, but all it does is "load". Doesnt do anything, and firefox cant connect to any sites. How do I fix? Yes, drivers are installed since it finds wireless access points. Also, how do I get beryl to work? Is it something I need to download?

Just a thought, but is Linux the best route for your parents if they are not that technically minded. If they just want to surf the net, they should be OK, but installing stuff and running new programs could be tricky. You could be spending a lot of time helping out!