damian

Unofficial P45 Thread!

Hahah finally reached my goal of 4GHz (trust me thats the $**t, coming from an AMD user) But OCCT failed in less then a minute but at least i booted into windows, I'll keep working on it

Ps. Realtemp screenshot is at idle

4ghzgoalxz4.jpg

my p5q vanila board

cpu volts at 1.4

everything else is set to limit stock

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=388314

thats the best stable i have for the moment, i have been able to get it to run 3.2 but its just way too hot.

is it me or do these chipset run insanely hot? mine seems to always run at 40c, and thats the heatsink tempature! i fear what it really runs at....

What CPU cooler are you using? Looking at the heatsink design on the P5Q-E it seems to me it's waiting for a cooler that blows some air down onto the board. I have a Zalman CNPS9500 LED that will not direct much air in that direction. I may have to invest in something else or install an extra fan. What do you think?

Regards

Paul

Got my EP45 DS4 about 2 pm today, these P45s are nice. I just barely got it going dual booting XP/Vista (Server 2008) same thing, Kingston RAM is what was in it when I put the Q9650 in it and still in it. Its a crunching rig but will be used for my secondary forum war rig. Now I have to figure out what all these settings do I am not familar with...

20080908211359rr9.png

Scythe Zipang, it definatly qualifies for pushing air in that direction, maybe not as much as other but still more then a true or the likes,

i dont think the air is that important on these boards, just to have good case airflow, my problem runs from the poorly designed cooler, its a yellow block that actualy prevents air from being blown down onto it.

if the system really became unstable id probably just invest in a thermalright chipset cooler, thos seem to work nicely on these boards as long as somethings not in the way, of it being so tall.

Hitting 500 with a quad seems relatively easy for most of these boards.

Certainly better for FSB than my X38, I got 467 was the highest I ever saw and that was when it was new...

Got my EP45 DS4 about 2 pm today, these P45s are nice. I just barely got it going dual booting XP/Vista (Server 2008) same thing, Kingston RAM is what was in it when I put the Q9650 in it and still in it. Its a crunching rig but will be used for my secondary forum war rig. Now I have to figure out what all these settings do I am not familar with...

20080908211359rr9.png

did you use water cooling for that?

did you use water cooling for that?

Yea it is water cooling, not my best water cooling system but it is water...

Certainly better for FSB than my X38, I got 467 was the highest I ever saw and that was when it was new...

Even better than P35 and X48 when it comes to FSB.