Connecting A Wrt54gl Wirelessly With Router

Vasto

I need some help trying to connect a WRT54GL router with my 2wire 1000SW router wirelessly. To explain my situation further...the 2wire router is in the home office and is connected to the internet. I recently just bought a WRT54GL (right now it has tomato on it) and I want to use that to hook my xbox360 up to the internet wirelessly.

I'm not sure if I explained that clearly, so a crude diagram is below. (= means cables, ~ means wireless)

===>Internet===>2Wire~~~~~~>WRT54GL====>Xbox360

Do I want a Wireless Ethernet Bridge? Or a wireless client? And also what settings do I need to match to my 2wires?

I need some help trying to connect a WRT54GL router with my 2wire 1000SW router wirelessly. To explain my situation further...the 2wire router is in the home office and is connected to the internet. I recently just bought a WRT54GL (right now it has tomato on it) and I want to use that to hook my xbox360 up to the internet wirelessly.

I'm not sure if I explained that clearly, so a crude diagram is below. (= means cables, ~ means wireless)

===>Internet===>2Wire~~~~~~>WRT54GL====>Xbox360

Do I want a Wireless Ethernet Bridge? Or a wireless client? And also what settings do I need to match to my 2wires?

I have only done wireless bridging with DD-WRT. Its actually called WDS, so I would look for the section on your Linksys that has WDS on it.

I just found this as well.

Edited by krazypoloc