Hd4850 Red Screen During Lotro

malmsteenisgod

Hi, I recently started playing the Lord of the rings online and after a few hours of playing I started getting some weird visuals, so I was about to restart the game when I got a red screen saying that my computer was shut down to prevent hardware failure. I lowered the OC on my card, and began playing again. After a few more hours I got a blue screen saying the same thing.

I have ran Crysis and Oblivion on this card at high settings and have never had a problem before. I thought this would be a heat issue, but I don't think my card is running very hot as I have the fan at 65% while playing games.

If not a heat issue, then what could it be?

Specs are in my sig and I'm using Catalyst 8.8

Edit: I have read that the North bridge runs really hot on my motherboard, so could it be that it's heating up my card a lot? Would it help to move the card to the secondary PCI-e slot?

Edited by malmsteenisgod

Ok, I think I've ruled out the possibility of it being heat related as i got a blue screen while I was just watching tv on my pc. Yes, that does require a bit of graphics card usage, but I still had my fan at 65% while doing this and I don't think it should have happened. So now I'm thinking it might be hard drive related, so I'll move my post to a more general section since this may have nothing to do with my graphics card. I will repost elsewhere if I continue to have problems and my hard drive scan shows no bad sectors.

Ok, I think I've ruled out the possibility of it being heat related as i got a blue screen while I was just watching tv on my pc. Yes, that does require a bit of graphics card usage, but I still had my fan at 65% while doing this and I don't think it should have happened. So now I'm thinking it might be hard drive related, so I'll move my post to a more general section since this may have nothing to do with my graphics card. I will repost elsewhere if I continue to have problems and my hard drive scan shows no bad sectors.

Mine had to do solely with heat and the clock speeds being to high. Try rolling back to the 8.7 cats.