Oc Vs. Oc

Xtreme21

Ok i was wondering can an OCed 2500+ @ 3200+ beat a P4 2.4c @ 3.2GHZ.. this is my question please no biased answers..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone answer the question? i cant but i wanna know lol :D

no,,., the p4c 3200mhz if went by the old school rating would get more be like a 3350+ rating... and what is this 500fsb pentium? they are both 200 fsb.. just one is quad pumped and other is double....

This question is pondered alot. We have discussed the ends and outs, and everytime it ends becoming a Intel vs AMD debate. I don't think this will ever be solved until we do some heads up, real world testing. A P4c that has been OC'ed, with a AMD that has been OC'ed; both systems need to be OC'ed around the same percent.

I'll give you my opinion though...being a hardcore Intel guy, I'd put my 2.8c or 3.2EE up against any other AMD system out there. Both chips are O/C'ed really high w/ a 1GHz OC, so I have my faith in them. A 2.4c is a awesome chip also, it can pull a 1.2GHz OC on xtreme air or water. Like I said though, this is all my opinion, that's all.

I would defianately say a 2.4C against even a 2500 you come to the debate of proportions. As we all know the AMD does more operations per clock cycle, hence the 2500+ rating.

So 1.83ghz (2500+ Barton) to 2.5ghz Intel means the AMD does 1.366 times the operations per clock cycle compared to 1 the Intel does to be exactily comperable. Now you extract this ratio to a 3200+ at 2.2 ghz you should have to multiply it only by 1.366 to get the proportionate Intel ghz rating. Well guess what? It only comes out to 3.0ghz. And if you look at most third party benches, you will see the 3200+ is about on par with a 3.0C.

AMD has no 32 bit chip to compare to the 3.2 ghz P4 non EE because without more voltage the 13 micron core they used cannot cap 2.3ghz. They were OK with the 1533mhz 1800+ at only 267 mhz difference. But they were pushing it with the 1ghz difference (2.2ghz 3200+), even including improved bus speed and added cache size.

My 2 cents, based off how I look at it.

I would defianately say a 2.4C against even a 2500 you come to the debate of proportions. As we all know the AMD does more operations per clock cycle, hence the 2500+ rating.

So 1.83ghz (2500+ Barton) to 2.5ghz Intel means the AMD does 1.366 times the operations per clock cycle compared to 1 the Intel does to be exactily comperable. Now you extract this ratio to a 3200+ at 2.2 ghz you should have to multiply it only by 1.366 to get the proportionate Intel ghz rating. Well guess what? It only comes out to 3.0ghz. And if you look at most third party benches, you will see the 3200+ is about on par with a 3.0C.

AMD has no 32 bit chip to compare to the 3.2 ghz P4 non EE because without more voltage the 13 micron core they used cannot cap 2.3ghz. They were OK with the 1533mhz 1800+ at only 267 mhz difference. But they were pushing it with the 1ghz difference (2.2ghz 3200+), even including improved bus speed and added cache size.

sad but true, either wayany athlon 64 fx will whoop any p4 EE.

Yes true a stock intel vs amd...

But no AMD has yet to reach 300FSB on air....

The intel c chip at 300fsb will beat any cpu mark up against it (32bit)