Zerotherm Nirvana Nv 120 Cpu Cooler Install Problem

whiskeykid

ZEROtherm Nirvana NV 120 Cpu Cooler

My problem is that there are 4 washers -black covered in paper-plastic that aren't mentioned in the instructions or the instructions inventory for either an AMD or Intel setup . See attatchment for picture of washers [above screws in center of pic]..

My instincts tell me to drop the washers onto the screwholes on the base as it protrudes up thru the motherboard ,then place the heatsink and it's bracket onto the washers and base .

I have looked online and found several install guides but tho the washers are sometimes included in the inventory of the article sadly ,the washers are never described or explained so I am at a loss .

I am building an quadcore sockett 775 on a gigabite motherboard GA-EP35-DS3L. I was hopeing to loose my AGP and Socket 478 wings and join the real world and maybe try a little mild overclocking so any help is appreciated .

post-63996-1220596129_thumb.jpg

Edited by whiskeykid

read the manual... anyways to be quick since i installed the 90 one on my board you just hold the backplate while you screw the heatsink on. oh and the top plate needs to be screwed into the heatsink(yeah i know its weird) BEFORE you try to install it. mine didnt come with washers or errrm i had to RMA the first one because it was missing the backplate so i might have overlooked it but it doesnt matter.

read the manual... anyways to be quick since i installed the 90 one on my board you just hold the backplate while you screw the heatsink on. oh and the top plate needs to be screwed into the heatsink(yeah i know its weird) BEFORE you try to install it. mine didnt come with washers or errrm i had to RMA the first one because it was missing the backplate so i might have overlooked it but it doesnt matter.

[ aren't mentioned in the instructions or the instructions inventory for either an AMD or Intel setup ] as I said , The instructions are only 50 words in english and assembely seems to be straiteforward tho I do miss the ZIF sockett a bit . I just didn't understand the order of assembely of the washers if that is what they are . so am still unsure how to proceed and don't want to wreck install from lack of understanding and inexperience tho this is my handicap no doubt. thanks anyway cow.

Edited by whiskeykid

The following tech support from Zerotherm clears this question up .........

Dear Valuable Customer,

Thank you for purchasing our premium CPU cooler Nirvana NV120.

Also we would like to say sorry giving you an inconvenience while using the cooler.

The purpose of the washers you mentioned is to attach the manual fan speed controller into the computer chassis,

not for mounting or installing cooler module.

Edited by whiskeykid