Looking For A Good Heatsink/fan

Capo

I'm looking for a good heatsink/fan to overclock my Q6600 GO. What would you suggest? I was looking at the XIGMATEK but I was too slow to order while being out of town, and the price is back up to 35 dollars. Should I still go with this one? Or, should I look for something else considering it's 10 dollars more expensive?

Thanks!

I'm looking for a good heatsink/fan to overclock my Q6600 GO. What would you suggest? I was looking at the XIGMATEK but I was too slow to order while being out of town, and the price is back up to 35 dollars. Should I still go with this one? Or, should I look for something else considering it's 10 dollars more expensive?

Thanks!

Hands down, get the OCZ VENDETTA 2!!! I promise you you won't regret it! Best air solution I could find.

Edited by Smoking It

Thanks!

I read some issues with the thing not clearing some Motherboard's properly. Does anyone know if I should have issues with my board (in sig)?

I read some issues with the thing not clearing some Motherboard's properly. Does anyone know if I should have issues with my board (in sig)?

It will be fine on that board. The other thing to keep in mind with all of the big coolers is if your case door has clearance.

By the way, the OCZ Vendetta 2 is made by Xigmatek. The Xigmatek S1283 and the Vendetta 2 are the same cooler with a slightly different set of fins.

It will be fine on that board. The other thing to keep in mind with all of the big coolers is if your case door has clearance.

By the way, the OCZ Vendetta 2 is made by Xigmatek. The Xigmatek S1283 and the Vendetta 2 are the same cooler with a slightly different set of fins.

My case (in sig) is rather large so I would hope I'd be ok.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure it's the same fan, too. Only the sticker on it is different. Same base also, using the heatpipe direct touch technology.

Edited by The Smith

I have the Xigmatec HDT S1283 im my Antec1200 and it doesn't interfere with any components on the motherboard.

I had to fit the Heat sink first then attach the Fan because the fan overlaps the push pins(I know I should have got a base plate for better retention but I didn't want to pull the MB out again.)

There is only about 10mm clearance between the top of the heat pipes and the side window of the case so you might want to take some measurements before the purchase.