Wanting Another Car

Queenz

You car will be fine for the winter. Fact. It has a heater, so use it.

You do not need another card, but hell - save Ford and GM and buy a gas guzzling soccer-mom-mobile - Bush will personally thank you.

So will Obama with his mutli-million dollar contributions from autoworkers unions :thumbs-up:

I'd say go for an old used Bronco. Cheap. 4x4. Short wheel base so it's easy to maneuver around the city. Replacement parts are EVERYWHERE (all it is is an F150 with a top). Just an idea.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a waste of money. If your car won't work in the winter, it's not worth having at all. Cars are decent these days and meant to work in all sorts of temperatures ...

How would I know if it will work in the winter I just got it not to long ago. I'll give it a try and if I feel slips I'll buy some winter's.

How would I know if it will work in the winter I just got it not to long ago. I'll give it a try and if I feel slips I'll buy some winter's.

Hey here in Quebec, Canada, the law obligates any car to be equiped of winter tires. :ph34r:

Cars are decent these days and meant to work in all sorts of temperatures ...
He is not worried about temperature but precipitation, RWD in snow/ice/slush etc. is not all that great...

The NYC roads (I'm assuming) will be plowed by no later than 9AM so unless its blizzarding it won't be anywhere near as bad as rural areas...

Edited by Andrewr05

Lol well there is more interior color choices.

@KB actually my job has been going pretty well and guess what I don't sell NY real Estate, I sell Real Estate to Florida. You wouldn't believe how much people here in NY buy land and housing in Florida, especially the people that only stay here during the summer months, then stay in Florida during the winter months. Most of my clients are retired old people.

If I didn't get the second car I was actually going to blow it on an even bigger and better brake kit. My stock ones that came from the factory with the car are Infinti 14 inch rotors with 4-piston front callipers in the front and 13.8 inch rotors with 2-piston callipers in the rear. I actually want the 15 inch brembo brake kit ;). There is nothing really else to upgrade. I already had a Fujita Cold Air Intake Installed, and exhaust I'm keeping stock cause I'm happy with the stock NISMO exhaust. I was actually wondering would winter tires be a good choice? I think I got all seasons on mine

And what'd be the point of upgrading your brakes? You're not doing any true performance things with your car, just because it puts out a lot of horses doesn't mean that you need to upgrade the brakes yet, especially seeing as you live in NYC. Unless you're doing races and high speed autocross, that'd be more of a waste.

Regarding your job, perhaps you didn't read what the others said in your thread about it.

Dude you would totally waste your money on those brakes... the ones that are stock are just fine, especially for a car with pretty much stock everything but a cold air. Now if you took that car to a racetrack brakes could be a concern far down the road. I would just get a FX35..

Edited by FUZi0N

There is nothing really else to upgrade. I already had a Fujita Cold Air Intake Installed, and exhaust I'm keeping stock cause I'm happy with the stock NISMO exhaust.

There are always things to upgrade, especially on a car as popular as the g35 or g37. Port and polish, intake manifolds, midpipes(if those v6's have them), performance chips, headers, pulleys, gears, heads, cams, valves, turbos, suspension. I've seen those cars make 425+ hp NA. Spend your money on something other than drilled and slotted rotors. They wont serve you much good if you're not doing autocross or racing. It sound to like you'd be buying them for the look, your money is best spent elsewhere.

As for the second car, buy a beater, and put snow tires on it.

Are you serious? If your car won't work because "it's a bit cold", then American cars are worse than I thought. Obviously it's not American but the fact remains - it will be fine. Salt, dirt, whatever - keep the wheel arches clean and wash it frequently to remove polluting deposits etc and you will be fine. British cars deal with crap weather all year around and we don't need a separate car for Winter months :lol: It just sounds like you are spending money for the sake of it.

Why?? What kind of law is that.

A law designed to prevent accidents and save lives in a place that can have some crazy-harsh winters?

I recommend buying a Hummer(not one of those newfangled H2/3 monstrosities with their "Improved gas mileage"). I'm talkin' bout the H1. You won't have to worry about sliding around in that thing. It comes with enough armor stock to just smash through pedestrians, mail boxes, light posts, other cars, and buildings with ease. Brakes are optional.

All jokes aside, grab some winter tires for your car and you'll be fine on the road. Just as long as you don't try and pull a 70 in a 35 with 2 inches of ice on the road. That would be a bad move.

Edited by iKillSteal