United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

He's spent huge amounts of money on his campaign and signed up plenty of volunteers to do canvassing for him.

Over hyped?

I would think so (I'm not directly exposed to the U.S. media so it's hard to judge how much).

Is it effective?

We'll see next week. :)

Edited by jammin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone else also feeling this way? I think Obama is way over hyped in the media.

This is actually pretty funny :P I mean there's "fashionably late to the party" ... and then there's "living under a rock for the last year"! :P

Of course Obama is the media favorite. It's good that you've noticed the bias, but it's truly scary that it's taken you this long. I am genuinely amazed that you're just now coming to this conclusion.

Hmm lately I'm finding a lot of pro-obama bias.... I'm getting a little pissed at it... Today in school at lunch it seems like all the tv's and fliers they were handing out were touting that everyone in the school should vote obama... and I saw little if not no support towards McCain at all. It would seem I'm not the only one thinking this either. Googleing pro-obama bias brings fourth a multitude of articles that agree with my position on this. I even see an Ohio State gov. a democrat even who agrees: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...s_for_pro-.html

Anyone else also feeling this way? I think Obama is way over hyped in the media.

As transparent as a window.

But we'll see what happens when election day comes around. Polls show Obama ahead, and he's getting awfully cocky...but something tells me he's in for a shocker.

This is actually pretty funny :P I mean there's "fashionably late to the party" ... and then there's "living under a rock for the last year"! :P

I'd have to go with a bit of both. I've been shy of the media for the last 6months so I have up until recently been unaware of this. Don't regret it either as I haven't missed much of anything. :rolleyes:

Honestly I hope he crashes and burns. The man could do with more experience before he becomes president. Perhaps by the next election he will have gained enough to make me willing to even consider voting for him. That's one of the major things that bothers me.. He hasn't even been a senator that long and already hes looking to step up and take the role of president... He has a good education I;ll give him that but anything he has proposed to do either will do nothing to help or create more problems. Oh by the way how does he plan to bring about 250 million new jobs? That was one of the major things touted about him at lunch.

Oh I say! How horribly dreadful of me, please accept my most sincere heartfelt apologies! <_<

You really don't understand how this whole internet thing works do you?

Since I treat everyone on the internet exactly as I would like to be treated, I'm not sure where you're going with this except as another attempt to humiliate me in your own Little Britain style. Internet says NO!

Of course, if crude demeaning Russell Brand type humor is your bag then you can take your balls and go play with yourself elsewhere sir!

Since I treat everyone on the internet exactly as I would like to be treated, I'm not sure where you're going with this except as another attempt to humiliate me in your own Little Britain style. Internet says NO!

Of course, if crude demeaning Russell Brand type humor is your bag then you can take your balls and go play with yourself elsewhere sir!

Wat?

:lol:

Having never watched an episode of Little Britain, I'm not too sure what you mean... Also, I don't see the relevance of your Russell Brand reference, especially as I haven't been crude or demeaning. (That is unless I've been secretly failing at English my entire life, and don't understand how to use internet slang properly)

I'll take what I'm assuming you're offering as advice on board, and start treating you in the same way back from this point on then.

You can take your balls and go play with yourself elsewhere sir!

Maybe we should get something along the lines of this in button form on the post entry form, would help out a lot when we're all posting, as all of us seem to have problems with translating tone and phrase, especially when posting in these sorts of threads.

You know what? Maybe everything that I don't mean literally from now on I'll post like this. Maybe that'll help.

If you'd like a clarification (I know you like that word :P) of my previous post:

Maybe you should find a source that isn't obviously very conservative - if you're trying to convince those readers who are undecided or side with Obama, and you quote a source like that, they're not going to take you seriously, regardless of the content or validity of the material.

Having never watched an episode of Little Britain, I'm not too sure what you mean... Also, I don't see the relevance of your Russell Brand reference, especially as I haven't been crude or demeaning. (That is unless I've been secretly failing at English my entire life, and don't understand how to use internet slang properly)

I'll take what I'm assuming you're offering as advice on board, and start treating you in the same way back from this point on then.

Maybe we should get something along the lines of this in button form on the post entry form, would help out a lot when we're all posting, as all of us seem to have problems with translating tone and phrase, especially when posting in these sorts of threads.

You know what? Maybe everything that I don't mean literally from now on I'll post like this. Maybe that'll help.

If you'd like a clarification (I know you like that word :P) of my previous post:

Maybe you should find a source that isn't obviously very conservative - if you're trying to convince those readers who are undecided or side with Obama, and you quote a source like that, they're not going to take you seriously, regardless of the content or validity of the material.

I'd tend to agree here. Sarcasm can easily be carried using BOLD, ITALIC, and COLOUR(Proper spelling :P). I think we can all agree on that, right?

I know exactly what you meant by "learn2source, n00b." and you certainly weren't congratulating me for and excellent post.

It was meant to be demeaning and a put-down showing just how stupid you think my post was and by association how stupid you think I am.

A simple statement on your differing opinion about a post would have been the polite thing to do but you decided to take the crude approach thinking "learn2source, n00b." was more appropriate.

"Maybe you should find a source that isn't obviously very conservative - if you're trying to convince those readers who are undecided or side with Obama, and you quote a source like that, they're not going to take you seriously, regardless of the content or validity of the material."

Now that's more like it!

I know exactly what you meant by "learn2source, n00b." and you certainly weren't congratulating me for and excellent post.

It was meant to be demeaning and a put-down showing just how stupid you think my post was and by association how stupid you think I am.

Please don't tell me what I mean or what I'm thinking... Either you didn't get that particular piece of internet slang in the context it was used, or you're choosing not to in order to have something to argue with me about. Either way, it's not a failing on my part.

You're far from stupid, just (and this is only in my opinion) misguided. If you'd like me to be petty, demeaning and insulting just ask and I can be, however I think there's enough of that going around in this thread without me joining in.