Sign in to follow this  
Myhand

Unstable Network?

Well, I just set up a new PC. It's running Okay, except for 1 issue. The network has been really iffy on it. On the other computers it works fine, but on this one it's just not working. I can view web pages, until I open uTorrent. That drops the connection. I've been trying to install windows live messenger, and I have the sign in assistant done, but whenever I try to install messenger it lags at looking for other live programs on your computer then drops the connection.

It's been really annoying. I'd like to be able to go on WLM and stuff.

I'm sure downloads have made the connection drop.

Keep in mind, I am able to somewhat download from uTorrent. (the connection just drops on everything else, I'll get page load errors.)

also, sometimes just randomly it'll say network cable unplugged. I don't know what the issue is.

Any ideas?

What kind of network are you on?

I tried doing some network bridging on my school network (before I learned the kind of havoc it wreaks)...they almost instantly turned off my network port. It'd say the network cable is unplugged.

Do you have any other drivers to try for the onboard NIC?

Well, there is a network bridge in the network connections.

It's on a DLINK wired router, going straight from the router to my room.

There are 2 other computers connected at the moment, and an unplugged 360. (will be in at times.)

Still having problems.

I'm going to try to identify the pattern more.

Well, there is a network bridge in the network connections.

It's on a DLINK wired router, going straight from the router to my room.

There are 2 other computers connected at the moment, and an unplugged 360. (will be in at times.)

Still having problems.

I'm going to try to identify the pattern more.

This sounds like a simple case of your upload pipe being too saturated to handle any throughput other than torrenting.

Do you have your global upload limited on your torrent client?

The rule of thumb is usually to set it 10-15 KBps lower than your maximum upload rate to allow for your regular HTTP traffic to get through unhindered.

Yeah but that happens a lot with other things..

Basically, if I open many tabs and use a lot of internet, it stops.

If I open the windows live installer it drops.

Stuff like that.

PS: I HAVE MY uTORRENT LIMITED!

D:

Okay, so here's the error I get in firefox:

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

What I did was open a new facebook page (a photo album.)

This is annoying!

I'm going to put Vista on it though, so we'll see.

Okay, so here's the error I get in firefox:

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

What I did was open a new facebook page (a photo album.)

This is annoying!

I'm going to put Vista on it though, so we'll see.

Sounds like it could be your NIC. If you have another one sitting around then I would try that.

That doesn't make sense.

Before, while the system was being built, the CPU was dead. I thought it was the motherboard so I sent it back.. They did testing and here's what it says:

"We have just finished testing your P5K motherboard and we have had no issues (Insatlled Windows XP on your motherboard wit hE6400 CPU and BFG 8600GT vide ocard, ran 2 hours 3dmark06 loops testing + the orthos testing , ran 4 hours Call of Duty 4 , your motherboard is stable) . If you agree we will return your motherboard. Please email back with what you would like to do with this RMA.

Thanks,

Ken"

So I don't think it could be the motherboard.

That doesn't make sense.

Before, while the system was being built, the CPU was dead. I thought it was the motherboard so I sent it back.. They did testing and here's what it says:

"We have just finished testing your P5K motherboard and we have had no issues (Insatlled Windows XP on your motherboard wit hE6400 CPU and BFG 8600GT vide ocard, ran 2 hours 3dmark06 loops testing + the orthos testing , ran 4 hours Call of Duty 4 , your motherboard is stable) . If you agree we will return your motherboard. Please email back with what you would like to do with this RMA.

Thanks,

Ken"

So I don't think it could be the motherboard.

I don't see any testing done with the network card whatsoever. So you really can't rule that out. I would try and reinstalling the drivers first. Will the NIC function without drivers? Or do you have to load the drivers for the card to work?

Because I would boot into safe mode with networking and see if you have the same issue.

Guest KrankyOldLady

I had that error, drove me nuts since i couldnt find the setting to properly set it up, if you can call it that.

I knew for sure it wasnt my inet connection, but something in vista, so i took a shortcut and reinstalled,np since.

Hello,

Not sure what you are going to do about the RMA but memory errors can cause such issues. (Memtest?)

You didn't mention if you were running any firewall software?

Hello,

Not sure what you are going to do about the RMA but memory errors can cause such issues. (Memtest?)

You didn't mention if you were running any firewall software?

I wasn't using a firewall..

Anyways, I just decided to put Vista on this machine and it runs like new..

Thanks everyone.