Physx In Ati

Blackfire

I thought nvidia bought Ageia earlier this year...and with that, they developed the PhysX support through the CUDA based graphics cards.

I think you ATI guys might just have to wait and see :unsure:

Yep, nvidia owns Ageia, but i think waco is correct in saying that nvidia is also helping Ati getting PhysX out for it's cards.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys pls answer my question clearly

I thought it was. It is a "software thing".

That is something different. ATi is not cooperating with that becasue it is an individual user modifying and changing their software, which they do not like.

That is not an "official" project, just something a very clever tweaker has cooked together.

Yeah that's what it's called I knew ATI had their own physics backing I just forgot what it was called

Intel bought Havok :P

But yes, last I heard, ATI will be going with Havok's engine and not PhysX

PhysX can run on ATI cards, it has been found.

ATI probably doesnt want to support physx, because mroe people would adopt it, and it is nvidias child now. which would be them shooting themselves in the foot if ever they did.

intel recently gave amd a booster shot- the use of the popular havok-physics. on cpu and gpu. nvidia's losing money, because of a gross under-estimate of ati/amd. They recovered quick from the merger i'd say. just in time.

havok =intel/amd

physx=nvidia.

both are similar in that they help computers deal with physics. but the approach they take is very different.

ageia was the company that originally produced the physx cards, which you can still find. the only benefit is smoother physics in games.

ATI probably doesnt want to support physx, because mroe people would adopt it, and it is nvidias child now. which would be them shooting themselves in the foot if ever they did.

They'd be boosting their market considerably if they managed to get it working 100%. What makes you think it'd hurt them?