Admin Password

Shadowfactor

I was issued a laptop to use for a class this year at school because the school i'm attending is trying a nice way of learning.

The laptop's are very nice there Mac Book 2.4 ghz C2D with 2gb of Ram.

My problem is that since it's a school computer they setup the computer's and of course gave us no access to anything.

Pretty much everything is blocked, you can't install anything without knowing the teacher password.

I was trying to open Itunes and it wont open because It's blocked unless you know the teacher password.

They said that they would be giving us admin rights to the computer's but they have to have it approved with the board and that would take about a month..

There's 3 user accounts

Admin

Teacher

Student.

All I need is the teacher password.

Is there a way to find out the password using some sort of tool or maybe like linux distro..

I'm not trying to do anything illegal but being able to use Itunes and like the Email apps would be wonderful.

I can't even install firefox or any other programs without the password.

The Computer specs are

MacBook

2.4 Intel C2D

2gb 667 mhz Ram

Mac OSX 10.5.2

Here's my recommendation.

Use something like...oh, pandora...for music.

Put up with checking email online.

Wait it out, what you're doing sounds either illegal, or possibly something that could get your laptop privileges revoked. Honestly, if you have a desktop, and are issued a computer for purely school related purposes, it sounds like you can survive for a month.

This is probably not what you want to hear but...what do want from us? :mellow:

well, he obviously did it wrong lol

A portable application, or portable app for short, is a computer software program that does not need to be installed or copied onto a computer's mass storage device to be executed, running instead from a removable storage device such as a CD-ROM drive, USB flash drive, flash card, or floppy disk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application

last time a friend of mine used portable firefox he had to install it

Well you need to install it on the flash drive of course. I use Firefox+Thunderbird at school from my drive without any problems.