Summer Farm Pictures

Propane

Hey thanks for the thumbs up, and nice tractors up there haha.

Nice pictures man! Makes me miss my old hometown of Canton, Ohio :(

Oh, good old Ohio. I've been to canton a few times before... got some friends up at UAkron.

I have the same lens and let me tell you - while it may take some good pictures, the camera will be able to to so much more with a better lens. The kit lens is notoriously average in terms of build quality - it recoils quite easily, so getting good shots is okay, but getting excellent shots is almost impossible!

Yeah, I'd love to get some L series glass, but going to college is keeping me on the lower level lenses for now unfortunately. At least I have a friend who owns quite a bit of L lenses that I can borrow from time to time :).

The next lens I think I'm going to get is the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS which goes with the kit lens. Its not great, but it gives me quite a bit of telephoto for a great price (300 USD)

ace, looks like you had a lot of subject matter and spoilt for choice with the natural surroundings...

I only don't like the macro flower shots (only because I find them clich

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 55mm-200 and it's much better quality, but it's a bit high on the f-stops for me still. I want to get a low 2/2.5 50mm lens sometime soon, but they are still not that cheap.

which lens is that? I haven't seen a 55-200 that canon makes in my searches yet...

which lens is that? I haven't seen a 55-200 that canon makes in my searches yet...

Off the top of my head, I want to say it is the USMII f4.5-5.6, but I will confirm when I get home. It's an EF lens, not EF-S, so it multiplies out by 1.6x of course, but that's not a big deal. It makes it 88-320mm in real terms lol.

• 1 year later...