Worth A Ti4600

Xtreme21

ok since i was shunned the last time asking for an Nvidia card this time i just want to know.......... Ok heres my setup:

DFI "Lanparty" NFII Ultra B

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "barton" @ 215x11

512MB Kingston Hyper X in Dual Channel Mode

now if i bought the TI4600, AGP 8x, 128MB how good could this be with my system.. would it be up there with my 9600pro...

yeah, i'd say it's not quite up to speed with the 9600. if you oc'ed it a bit, it may, MAY match it. but instead of a 4600, see if you can go with ati and go with a 9800 128 meg se...around 145, but the gpu blows the 9600 out of the water! the clock speeds are slower, 325 mhz core, and 500mhz memory, as compared to the 9600 pro at 400 mhz core and 600 mhz memory (i think).

But i heard the 9800 se blows.... Well anyways im thinking about jipping my friend who has a dell XPS with a 9800pro.. im offering $100bucks cash and a replacement card a 9000 64MB, (LOL) but hes computer illerate so i might be able to pull it off......

framerates will be faster with a 4600 running no aa or af. enableing it will drasticly hurt its performace. the 9600pro has faster frame rates than the 4600 when aa and af is enabled. one you use the ansio filtering you wont turn it off . dont get the 4600 over the 9600 pro. the best deal i think going now is a oem saphire,gigabyte,powercolor 9700pro. for around 240 and will last you thru 04 into 05.

Edited by FanATIc205