Sign in to follow this  
AMG

Thermaltake Armor

hi I m planning to build a new computer I would like to know if the armor has dust or even if it needs them...and is there any better cases out there for around

the Thermaltake 8003 series is the one you want to get...I have mine sitting on 4x4 blocks to get it up and out of the floor 'dust zone', yes, the fans still suck in dust, just a lot less, the 250mm side fan cools the whole unit and runs quiet...

The only mod I made was to take the 250 from the inside mounting position and mounted outside, it was a snap, just remove four screws, move, remount, a couple of small dabs of superglue gel hold the massive grill/filter in place.....I had to do this so the radiator and pump would fit anyway....looks factory....the grill is easy to clean, the front 120mm is behind the same kind of grillage neatly concealed behind the unused drive bay popouts....again, very easy to clean when the need arises....

The room on the inside is amazing, I have 5 Hd's in the case, along with the usual suspects, still room for more....

You made a good choice. The only drawback is the case is kinda heavy, but it is quality through and through...

Laterzzzz......

definitely, the armor 8003 case is what i have also. i actually don't have the 250mm fan on right now, so all i got is a big gaping hole, and sitting here on the floor of my computer room, it sucks some dust. i actually haven't noticed any dust on the inside, however, i actually just noticed it on the drive bay cover grill things on the front. been running it on and off for the past month or so and only had to run my hand over the front once just to keep it looking pretty. also wanted to mention, inside the drive bay covers there is a little bit of spongy dust filter stuff in there, i'm not completely sure it actually does anything, but i took it out in front of the 120mm fan in the front, just so i could get some more airflow. my buddy actually bought the same case just after i did and he loves it also.

btw in case all the millions of reviews didnt tell you first, this case is VERY HEAVY. i havent busted out the bathroom scale yet, but i'd be darned if this case didnt weigh 50lbs loaded with all my stuff.

and as a side note, like bldegle2 said, if you are planning on getting the TRUE for cpu cooling, you'll have to move the 250mm fan to the outside of the case. i'm running the Tuniq tower and it just touches the 250mm fan casing, but it fits nonetheless. good luck on your build!