Sign in to follow this  
OneShot 926

Joe Gibbs Racing Caught Cheating.

Holy . Batman, he can't be bothered to click a link! How ever will we overtake this monstrous beast?

If you read, which you didn't, the engine apparently had more horse power than allowed, and a magnet was placed somewhere on the engine so that the dyno wouldn't read the real horsepower.

I did read, and after trying to dig through a typical idiotic blogger's commentary on the situation, all I've seen is that they put a magnet on the throttle to mess with the dyno reading, yet according to to the blogger, NASCAR says, "what JGR did had no effect on the outcome of Saturday's race. However, what they did do was use a magnet so that NASCAR officials could not get a true reading on the dyno. NASCAR is calling this "a blatant attempt to interfere with the inspection process.""

While I agree that cheating in any way is intolerable and should be punished, I'm wondering how much of a difference there'll be, and if it did make a difference at all.

Its the same old same old. NASCAR wants to punish a manufacturer for running a NASCAR approved engine because the technology is better than the US cars.

Also basically if you aint cheatin you aint trying hard enough.

Just look back at some of the Smokey Yunick stories to see what I'm talking about.

Once NASCAR tore down his car because they could not believe the fuel mileage his cars were getting. After finding nothing and with the fuel cell on the ground outside the car he asked the officials if they were done with his car. With nothing else to look at they released the car. He got in and fired up the car and drove away........with the fuel cell still on the ground with the officials......

you may notice that last year the Toyota cars could not even qualify on speed.

Nascar has become what all other companies do over the long haul.

they are all about the money...

you can bet that Nascar has known and is probably deeply involved in doing whatever is needed for Toyota to succeed.

Nascar did not want to lose the considerable amount of money that Toyota is bringing to the table.

this practice has been seen for a long time in Nascar.

the last obvious occurance was when Jeff Gordon had his obviously aided string of success in his rookie years.

Nascar needed a young pretty boy to try and lure young people and women into following the sport, so they made it happen.

the only reason you see any repercussions from the obvious advantage Toyota has been allowed is because the other teams are complaining quite loudly and threatening to go public.

it is one thing to give Toyota an advantage and entirely another to allow them to totally dominate.

this should be obvious from the fact that Kyle Bush has won 8 times this season in a Toyota that could not even qualify last year...

Nascar is on the same fast track to a slow painful death as other professional sports.

they are pricing themselves out of business...

NASCAR is pathetic now anyways, its been going downhill since the early 90's...

I'll watch "true" stock car racing any day of the week, but I just cannot stand watching this pansy NASCAR crap.

:P

Edited by Andrewr05