Calling All 4870 Users!!!

IVIYTH0S

amd gpu clock tool pretty much will let you clock it to anything your risky fingers can type in

even though my clocks are high I wonder why Cirro's gtx still beats me by like 800 3dmarks, will it perform better in games?

I downloaded the file and installed and it won't let me open the file. Says to right click properties and run as administrator but doesn't seem to be an option.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amd gpu clock tool pretty much will let you clock it to anything your risky fingers can type in

even though my clocks are high I wonder why Cirro's gtx still beats me by like 800 3dmarks, will it perform better in games?

Depends on the game.

Being a quad helps in vantage and 3dmark a lot, but being at 3.55ghz won't give the same increase in performance in games, which are usually only one or two threaded.

Depends on the game.

Being a quad helps in vantage and 3dmark a lot, but being at 3.55ghz won't give the same increase in performance in games, which are usually only one or two threaded.

well luckily his quad is clocked at 3.6ghz also (but is a Q6600) and I get a solid 2000 more marks than him for CPU. Also I'm not done with the CPU yet, i just wanted to get the 4870 overclocking outta the way before I focused on the final objective :thumbs-up:

well luckily his quad is clocked at 3.6ghz also (but is a Q6600) and I get a solid 2000 more marks than him for CPU. Also I'm not done with the CPU yet, i just wanted to get the 4870 overclocking outta the way before I focused on the final objective :thumbs-up:

How bout it Iviythos can you shed some light on why I can't get amd gpu tool to work?

what OS are you running? It worked jsut fine for me did you get .98 version or whatever the new one is

Vista Ultimate 64bit. I installed the 9.8 version and it installed okay but when I try to run it says I need admin priveladges and when I right click on the icon the admin priveladges don't show up and it proceeds to tell me that the drivers never installed.

Vista Ultimate 64bit. I installed the 9.8 version and it installed okay but when I try to run it says I need admin priveladges and when I right click on the icon the admin priveladges don't show up and it proceeds to tell me that the drivers never installed.

is this with catalyst 8.7 or 8.8?