Sign in to follow this  
IVIYTH0S

Calling All 4870 Users!!!

The only 8.7 hotfix that I am aware of is only for AGP cards, not PCIE.

Thanks puck and could you tell me how to create a profile to run the fan on the 4870 faster as to cool the card better. And could u possibly tell me which % of fan speed might be best? Thanks for any help!

Edited by mistabonz

that might be useful for me when I get mine :P :P I thought the hot fix worked on PICe cards they seemed to go better with it installed o_O and saying that I ve never seen a AGP hd4850 or 70 :blink:

that software is really nice and all but it only lets you goto 787mhz on the core and 934mhz on the memory lol that's some crap right there. AMD GPU Clock tool can do whatever you want. I'll probably keep this running if only for the fan control :), I wish this program would let you put any overclock like ATItool (my favorite). It's definitely got a nice and easy to use interface.

When will they release an ATItool for the 4k series, it's killin me :'(

I think I'm almost at the end of line for stable overclocking of the 4870 but MY GOD can it take alot. So far I'm up to 880mhz/1150mhz and stable as a tripod (yeah that was bad). I think I can tweak the core up a tad but I tried 890 and the water in vantage went all crazy and lifted away and the screen got taken over from it, also I tried bumping the memory to 1200mhz but thanks to folding it showed me that it was unstable at that level so I put it back to 1150 and will probably tweak it up a tad further.

still with these impressive over clocks all i've been able get for the GPU score has been 9319, the CPU score I'm quite happy with at 14348 but I would think for such a high overclock the 4870 would have a better score and the best part is that it runs 40C idle and 55load (folding, I can't check the temps while in game but the air pushed out from the back is only slightly warm). The fan is only set at 65% which is probably the highest I can push it until it starts to bug me.

oh yeah here is the folding GPU client: "High Performance Folding Clients"

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I think I'm almost at the end of line for stable overclocking of the 4870 but MY GOD can it take alot. So far I'm up to 880mhz/1150mhz and stable as a tripod (yeah that was bad). I think I can tweak the core up a tad but I tried 890 and the water in vantage went all crazy and lifted away and the screen got taken over from it, also I tried bumping the memory to 1200mhz but thanks to folding it showed me that it was unstable at that level so I put it back to 1150 and will probably tweak it up a tad further.

still with these impressive over clocks all i've been able get for the GPU score has been 9319, the CPU score I'm quite happy with at 14348 but I would think for such a high overclock the 4870 would have a better score and the best part is that it runs 40C idle and 55load (folding, I can't check the temps while in game but the air pushed out from the back is only slightly warm). The fan is only set at 65% which is probably the highest I can push it until it starts to bug me.

oh yeah here is the folding GPU client: "High Performance Folding Clients"

How are u able to overclock your gpu that high mine only overclocks to 790 core and 1100 memory?

How are u able to overclock your gpu that high mine only overclocks to 790 core and 1100 memory?

Luck more than anything.

Luck more than anything.

I guess what I meant to ask wako is there a program that allows you to overclock past the parameters of the card and ati catalyst?

I guess what I meant to ask wako is there a program that allows you to overclock past the parameters of the card and ati catalyst?

amd gpu clock tool pretty much will let you clock it to anything your risky fingers can type in

even though my clocks are high I wonder why Cirro's gtx still beats me by like 800 3dmarks, will it perform better in games?