Compare Netbooks

bg8780

Asus Eee Pc

Msi Wind

Which is better? Same price, same cpu, same specs. I just need a lil laptop for note taking and such for college. Which one of these would be better? Also i can probably wait a few months until i need one. Should i wait for newer ultra mobile netbooks/CPU's? Ive heard of a company named Via is coming out with a intel atom competitor. So should i wait a few months?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My recommendation is, try them out. For a netbook, more than anything, more than specs especailly, you want to be comfortable with it.

The BIG difference for me, was the EEE had a cripped keyboard, its torture to type on it, whereas the Wind has a normal sized laptop keyboard. In terms of specs, the Wind has a mechanical hdd, whereas the EEE has a SSD one. Apparently, there is little difference in terms of performance, power usage, and longetivity, though, im sure if you were to drop the netbook, the SSD would be better off than the mechanical drive.

Me, I decided on the 6 cell black Wind, now, if I could only find one in stock :(.

How about acer's new aspire one? I was just working with one today at work. and seemed to like it. Do you think acer's quality has improved? They were never my favorite manufacture

In terms of specs, the Wind has a mechanical hdd, whereas the EEE has a SSD one.

Actually the 1000H is the standard HDD model. :)

I'd go for the EeePC but I'm biased...I already have a 701. :D

Having tried an EEE, Wind and Aspire One I'm going to purchase an Empire Black MSI Wind (6 Cell) when I start back at Uni in the Autumn. Mainly as it's got a better screen and keyboard, plus looks a hell of a lot better than the EEE. I also don't really see the need for an SSD when it's only about 1kg anyway.

Huh, I read a review somewhere (can't remember) that said they'd swapped bluetooh for draft n :huh:

Also, Wikipedia is wrong then - I forgot to see if it had bluetooth or not when I was in PC World :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSI_Wind_PC#Specifications

Edit: Scratch that - that would be the Medion, which isn't the same as Advent, which is just a rebadge :P