Sign in to follow this  
watsonte

Issue With A-data 4gb G-series Kit

Late Saturday evening I decided to run a Virus scan and then Windows Defender, simply to appease the Windows gods as the love to remind me I have not scanned in nearly 13 days. I left my computer to do its thing, came back in about 30 min or so only to find that my computer had recovered from a BSOD. I read through the details of the issue and after a bit of googling decided it was related to my RAM.

I then removed one of the memory sticks and began running memtest, after a successful 4 hour run I decided to just go ahead and test the second stick. When I powered up the PC it simply would not post. Instead it would cycle through a series of boots and re-boots. I did attempt to edit ram settings using the good stick and then replace it with the "bad" one however I was still unable to post.

At this point I am assume the stick simply went bad on me, not a big deal, until I decided I would try to contact A-Data to get service. Their website support is either not working or provides no feedback when attempting to get tech support. I fill out a form, click submit, and nothing, no "Thank you for submitting", no "Someone will contact you with X hours", nothing.

I don't know if I am missing information, but, I do not get any feedback whatsoever, so just a fair warning to all, A-Data = Really Sketchy Tech Support/ Not too bad if you email them.

(I have gone ahead and Purchased a new set of RAM, Corsair this time as I have had only good experiences with their memory)

Edited by watsonte

Try using IE to send the RMA request in. Some sites still act funny with FireFox. :)

Try using IE to send the RMA request in. Some sites still act funny with FireFox. :)

That was my assumption as well, so tried that, still no feedback. I guess I will just have to try again, this will be attempt number 5 so that 3rd times the charm bit is a little overrated.

EDIT: To be more specific, with IE instead of nothing I get a text box of squares.

Either way something is not functioning correctly

I also failed to notice the support email offered at Newegg so I will have to shoot them an email and see what kind of response I get.

Edited by watsonte

I had the same problem different MoBo and Memory. Try swaping the sticks. (But use only the one stick by itself on each test) This will prove if the problem is on the mobo or in the stick. If the second stick works in the first slot properly then take a careful look at all of the pins on the mobo. I had this happen. One of the pins just wouldn't quite touch properly. A small dental tool and pull it out a bit and all fixed!

I had the same problem different MoBo and Memory. Try swaping the sticks. (But use only the one stick by itself on each test) This will prove if the problem is on the mobo or in the stick. If the second stick works in the first slot properly then take a careful look at all of the pins on the mobo. I had this happen. One of the pins just wouldn't quite touch properly. A small dental tool and pull it out a bit and all fixed!

I have gone through and attempted to test each stick individually, one stick continues to result in the same issue, no post, cycles of boot, reboot. The system will not post therefore I cannot run memtest to verify that the stick is bad, however, not posting in any memory slot on the motherboard seems to indicate a bad stick.

Also, seeing how an entirely different set of memory is able to function without issue in my system I would have to say based on that the motherboard is not at fault.

I have since received a reply from A-Data, half Chinese half English which was fairly interesting to read through, but, it seems that they are willing to offer warranty service.

That's faster than GeIL. I had to RMA one of my old sticks and it took them damn near 9 months to complete the RMA...5 months of which they would not respond to any email I sent.

That's faster than GeIL. I had to RMA one of my old sticks and it took them damn near 9 months to complete the RMA...5 months of which they would not respond to any email I sent.

Yeah, apparently there online submission isn't all that great, but, whoever answers emails has got there act together.

Guess they are not too bad after all.