Sign in to follow this  
AkApUrViS

Which Memory

heya guys i have a msi k8 neo 2 platium for stock 939 and i lost the cd to xp pro but now i have vista and one gig of ram is not helping me out right now so im going to buy a new memory for this out dated mobo i was looking in to these 3

1. my first choose

2.my second choose

3.and the last

im going to go with 4 gig of memory to help vista pick up the speed so please help me choose one

Edited by AkApUrViS

An extra gig of ram won't help much with your set up.

I fail to see how you've come to that conclusion.

My Opteron 144 ran Vista just fine @ stock with 2GB of RAM and a 6600GT.

it will run the same way with 1,2,4 gig of ram....because of Vista's design if you stick 4 gig of ram in it and leave it on you will find it using over 60% of the ram...

Vista isnt like XP...Vista's mentality is if you bought it lets use it...where as XP uses the least amount of ram it can get by with...so in essence with XP if you shove 4 gig in it and it only uses 512mb max then you're wasting money on the rest if it's never used....;)

it will run the same way with 1,2,4 gig of ram....because of Vista's design if you stick 4 gig of ram in it and leave it on you will find it using over 60% of the ram...

It'll use 512-1500 MB to load the core of the operating system depending on your memory configuration. It'll use the rest for Superfetch.

He'd definitely see a big increase in speed from 1 GB to 2 or 3 GB. I know I did.