Batman: Arkham Asylum

WhenKittensATK

the spoiler tags he posted in the code box above, before and after the text

thanx pezcore i think i get it now....old guys rule...!!

ok as i was saying; fighting bane in the boiler room after setting the commissioner free is stopping me. i'm stuck....any ideas.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you expect a black hole to open up? :lol:

Can we get back on topic now? lol

:withstupid:

Might pick this up for the 360; played the demo and it seems great, just wondering if it's worth 60 bucks with no multiplayer.

:withstupid:

Might pick this up for the 360; played the demo and it seems great, just wondering if it's worth 60 bucks with no multiplayer.

Well I'm a PC gamer, so I'm not used to paying $60 for any game :lol:...but yes, this is totally worth it. It's easily the front-runner for Game of the Year. It may not have multiplayer, but it doesn't need it. It's engaging all the way through, and there's replayability in the challenge maps (if you're going for 100% completion, you will easily have to spend multiple attempts at some of the challenges, at least the fighting ones).

thanx pezcore i think i get it now....old guys rule...!!

ok as i was saying; fighting bane in the boiler room after setting the commissioner free is stopping me. i'm stuck....any ideas.

What you need to do is wait for him to charge at you, quickly toss a Batarang at him, which will get him disoriented. He'll hit the wall and be stunned for a few seconds. That's when you want to go over and wail on him for a bit until Batman rips one of the tubes out. Repeat this about three times and you're done. As for when the henchmen come out, what I did was just dodge them for a while since Bane is going to run them all over as he charges at you. Let Bane do most of the work as dodging is pretty easy.

Well I'm a PC gamer, so I'm not used to paying $60 for any game :lol:...but yes, this is totally worth it. It's easily the front-runner for Game of the Year. It may not have multiplayer, but it doesn't need it. It's engaging all the way through, and there's replayability in the challenge maps (if you're going for 100% completion, you will easily have to spend multiple attempts at some of the challenges, at least the fighting ones).

Same here, I just bought the 360 to get rid of my gaming addiction.

That's also why I sold my 4850.

Same here, I just bought the 360 to get rid of my gaming addiction.

That's also why I sold my 4850.

That's got to be the worst solution, I've ever heard. Getting rid of a gaming addiction with another gaming system. Nice move :ph34r:

This game is well worth the $60, even without any multiplayer. The story is alright and the gameplay is great.

That's got to be the worst solution, I've ever heard. Getting rid of a gaming addiction with another gaming system.

Well, I was only addicted to the PC because of the competitive aspect (leagues, tournaments, etc).

But I blow balls when it comes to playing consoles.

And so far, it's been working; I don't even play during weekdays whereas I used to rack up over 40 hours per week.

I figured this was the best spot to post this:

http://www.pcper.com:80/article.php?aid=791

In the case of Batman's AA support, NVIDIA essentially built the AA engine explicitly for Eidos - AA didn't exist in the game engine before that. NVIDIA knew that this title was going to be a big seller on the PC and spent the money/time to get it working on their hardware. Eidos told us in an email conversation that the offer was made to AMD for them to send engineers to their studios and do the same work NVIDIA did for its own hardware, but AMD declined.

I figured this was the best spot to post this:

http://www.pcper.com:80/article.php?aid=791

In the case of Batman's AA support, NVIDIA essentially built the AA engine explicitly for Eidos - AA didn't exist in the game engine before that. NVIDIA knew that this title was going to be a big seller on the PC and spent the money/time to get it working on their hardware. Eidos told us in an email conversation that the offer was made to AMD for them to send engineers to their studios and do the same work NVIDIA did for its own hardware, but AMD declined.

what bugs me most about this is that i have a preconcieved notion that ati people are smart too, and then i hear stuff like this and my little expectation goes "poof"... i've waited a long time to get a reasonable platform together to make use of sli and now i have it... and the video equipment i will use for that is coming out this next year so i don't have that long to wait...ati works but nvidia just seems to work smarter imho....