WhenKittensATK

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Got to the scarecrow part and fought Bain last night. This game so awesome. I almost blew a ..... Just Kidding?

Yeah, I was like "oh crap, I've got to fight that thing?"...

Then it ended...

:(

Yeah, I was like "oh crap, I've got to fight that thing?"...

Then it ended...

:(

Buy it! Seriously!

Buy it! Seriously!

Were you running PhysX on a 8800GTX or 8800GT I'm too lazy to look back... Also if 8800GTX how well do you think the GT will do as I can't fit a dual slot video card into my setup for PhysX.

Were you running PhysX on a 8800GTX or 8800GT I'm too lazy to look back... Also if 8800GTX how well do you think the GT will do as I can't fit a dual slot video card into my setup for PhysX.

Running it on an 8800GTX. Don't really know how an 8800GT would perform. Maybe there are benches somewhere? Or maybe someone here with a GT can help you out. I'm not really sure what specs help Physx. Is it just the number of stream processors, or does it use VRAM as well? If it's just the former, then the GTX doesn't have that many more than the GT, but if it's the VRAM, well the GTX has 768MB vs. 512MB on the GT. My GTX is also OC'd. I'd think that you should be able to run full Physx, but maybe have to use 0xAA or make some other sacrifice somewhere else?

Running it on an 8800GTX. Don't really know how an 8800GT would perform. Maybe there are benches somewhere? Or maybe someone here with a GT can help you out. I'm not really sure what specs help Physx. Is it just the number of stream processors, or does it use VRAM as well? If it's just the former, then the GTX doesn't have that many more than the GT, but if it's the VRAM, well the GTX has 768MB vs. 512MB on the GT. My GTX is also OC'd. I'd think that you should be able to run full Physx, but maybe have to use 0xAA or make some other sacrifice somewhere else?

ok so i finally got my batman last nite and loaded it for a first run and the darn thing locked up in the first battle with my x2's set to default settings....WTHeck....?? ok does anyone have any idea what that's about and how to correct it ?? i hope i don't have to sell it before i get to play it....

thanx and as usual i'm open to all suggestions

cj

:bah:

kwik edit; my best guess is that i need a cuda/physx card to run this game and i don't have one on this machine so i'm just gonna have to try it non the 8800gt and if that doesn't work then forget about it....

You don't need a PhysX card. I also have a 4850 and it works great on my system.

ok so i finally got my batman last nite and loaded it for a first run and the darn thing locked up in the first battle with my x2's set to default settings....WTHeck....?? ok does anyone have any idea what that's about and how to correct it ?? i hope i don't have to sell it before i get to play it....

thanx and as usual i'm open to all suggestions

cj

:bah:

kwik edit; my best guess is that i need a cuda/physx card to run this game and i don't have one on this machine so i'm just gonna have to try it non the 8800gt and if that doesn't work then forget about it....

As long as you disable Physx, you should have no problems running the game on an ATI card.

There's a benchmark in the main menu...can you run/complete that without problems?

EDIT: For those that have finished the game, feel free to check out my Xfire screenshot gallery, which contains a whopping 152 screenshots as of now (more to come once I unlock the remaining few trophies), but for those that haven't, it now contains some spoilers.

Whoever wants to see the voice-over cast list, here are screenshots of the cast list during the credits, but be warned that if you haven't paid attention to what villains you'll encounter, these will spoil it:

Cast List Page 1

Cast List Page 2

As long as you disable Physx, you should have no problems running the game on an ATI card.

There's a benchmark in the main menu...can you run/complete that without problems?

EDIT: For those that have finished the game, feel free to check out my Xfire screenshot gallery, which contains a whopping 152 screenshots as of now (more to come once I unlock the remaining few trophies), but for those that haven't, it now contains some spoilers.

Whoever wants to see the voice-over cast list, here are screenshots of the cast list during the credits, but be warned that if you haven't paid attention to what villains you'll encounter, these will spoil it:

Cast List Page 1

Cast List Page 2

alrighty then i'l try those suggestions when i get home from work tonite. thanx you all...!!

and good to see ya out here again kash...!!....hope everythings ok and school is cool....cya...cj :D

You don't need a PhysX card. I also have a 4850 and it works great on my system.

i had to disengage one of the x2's in ccc and run on 2 gpu's in crossfire and that did it...no lockups...its cool now...phew i was gettin bugged there for a minute :angry: ....there must be some kind of scaling issue with 4 gpu's...i guess i could try 3 gpus and see if i still have problems... B:)