Batman: Arkham Asylum

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Is it actually realistically moving though? Like you can actually direct the paper if you try? I heard that the paper movement is faked on the console and is strictly "animations" rather than physics.

Is it actually realistically moving though? Like you can actually direct the paper if you try? I heard that the paper movement is faked on the console and is strictly "animations" rather than physics.

That's because none of the consoles support PhysX in hardware - it's just a software engine that mocks much of the functionality (with reduced detail).

I'm not into superhero comic books or games based on them at all, I've been skipping right over this for quite some time now as I was completely uninterested.

I don't know what I was doing but I ran across a video of this game and it looks AWESOME!

I think I have a habit of downplaying things that don't fall under my immediate "OMG THATS AWESOME!" mindset, I very rarely try new things.

Weird thing is the last 10 or so times I remember trying new things (book, movie, video game, music wise) I've ended up liking it.

*sigh*

I'm stuck in my ways until I just happen up on things or they're just shoved into my face.

I'm not into superhero comic books or games based on them at all, I've been skipping right over this for quite some time now as I was completely uninterested.

I don't know what I was doing but I ran across a video of this game and it looks AWESOME!

I think I have a habit of downplaying things that don't fall under my immediate "OMG THATS AWESOME!" mindset, I very rarely try new things.

Weird thing is the last 10 or so times I remember trying new things (book, movie, video game, music wise) I've ended up liking it.

*sigh*

I'm stuck in my ways until I just happen up on things or they're just shoved into my face.

Try out the demo...what do you have to lose? (Aside from $40 when you realize you need this game :lol:). Though keep in mind that, although the demo is good, it doesn't even begin to do the game justice...not to mention, they cut a lot of stuff out of the demo that you don't even realize until you play the game (eg. the "intro" is about 5x as long in the full game and thus a lot more fleshed out).

This is not your typical superhero game, so don't let that hold you back. It mixes the combat of Assassin's Creed with the atmosphere of BioShock, and throws in a bunch of challenges to keep you entertained. The voice acting is excellent and the storyline is decent, although I find the optional background information more engaging (interview tapes, biographies, etc).

trust us, it is awesome!

like some others here it's slowly dawned on me that AA is one of the best games i've ever played. it's so tight and well made that i would recommend it to anyone that likes videogames period.

To play the game smoothly on my GTX275 WITH PhysX on high I have to turn down the res to 1280x800. (quality on high, AA at 4x)

With PhysX off I can play at 1920x1200 and very high :angry2:

With full physx and max quality, you should at least be able to play it at 1680x1050, as I can do so with 2xAA (haven't tested with 4xAA).