Batman: Arkham Asylum

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Release date announced...August 25th!

PS. They had a demo on the PS3 in a local GameSpot...I think it was a challenge map, IIRC. It was pretty fun, but I didn't have much time so I skipped thru the part where it told me the controls, so I had to learn as I went along. The fighting is similar to Assassin's Creed, in that enemies will get a flashing icon over their head when they're about to attack, thus allowing you to quickly stage a counterattack. I believe the hardest difficulty removes this flashing icon, but the demo only allowed me to play on normal. The fighting and animations were extremely smooth.

Release date announced...August 25th!

PS. They had a demo on the PS3 in a local GameSpot...I think it was a challenge map, IIRC. It was pretty fun, but I didn't have much time so I skipped thru the part where it told me the controls, so I had to learn as I went along. The fighting is similar to Assassin's Creed, in that enemies will get a flashing icon over their head when they're about to attack, thus allowing you to quickly stage a counterattack. I believe the hardest difficulty removes this flashing icon, but the demo only allowed me to play on normal. The fighting and animations were extremely smooth.

Sounds like good stuff.

Lots of games look like they're going to deliver.

• 2 months later...

Just in case any of you were unaware, the game demo is out for all three platforms.

For the PC, you can download it for standalone install from various sites (such as gamedaily.com), or you can download it thru Steam.

Also, in case you haven't heard, the PC version is being delayed until Sept 15th, as the implementation of Physx is taking longer than expected apparently. Physx IS in the demo though.

If you're wondering what Physx adds,

If you own all three systems, get the PS3 version, as you get extra challenge maps that allow you to play as the Joker...exclusive to PS3. If you don't own a PS3, then definitely get the PC version over the 360 version if you have an nVidia card, 8 series or greater....not to mention you also get the higher resolutions/textures as with any PC game.

I thought the demo was good, but very short. I would have liked at least one challenge map so there was a little more replayability. Nevertheless, this clearly is the best looking super hero game ever made, and the gameplay seemed fun...definitely makes you feel like a badass :)

I played the demo tonight and I have to say, it was really awesome. Can't wait for the final game to be released :)

Ditto :D

Just finished the demo, really is a great game from what little the demo offers. The combat system does seems to be pretty dynamic and I was enjoying that quite a bit, game looks great, which usually isn't something I include in my rating of a game but they did pretty good job with Harley and Ivy... so anyway... ya, can't wait to play the real thing.